Thursday, August 13, 2020
226th day of the year.
There are 140 days remaining until the end of the year
There are 25 days remaining until Labor Day
Today is .. International Lefthander’s Day, National Filet Mignon Day and National Prosecco Day
– Footwear News says Stein Mart has filed for bankruptcy and may close many of its 281 stores.
– Contact Music says the Princess Diana musical will air on Netflix before opening on Broadway on May 25, 2021
orange is the worst color to wear to a job interview (more to come on this), associated with unproffesionalism, stick with neutral or blue, white shows organization, brown is dependability
– Totally the Bomb says Walmart is selling a bright orange Christmas tree for Halloween.
BLACKPINK, SELENA GOMEZ TO RELEASE SINGLE AUGUST 28TH
IS TYRA BANKS ENGAGED?
Fauci Doesn’t Think Russia’s Covid Vaccine Is Safe
- A new cellphone rolls out in China next week, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. It has a 120X zoom and a 20-minute recharge time. It comes with a BAG OF SEEDS!!!
You’ve heard of 20th Century Fox? Well, now you can forget about it. Disney, who owns it, renamed it on Monday — 20th Television. No century. No FOX.
- Twitter has introduced a new feature that allows you to limit who can respond to your tweets.
Simon Cowell has sold his Beverly Hills home for $25 million. “carrying all these mortages is breaking my back…of wait…never mind…it was the ebike!!!
David Blaine has planned his next live stunt. He plans to float in the air with a bunch of helium balloons. The stunt will take place on his YouTube channel on Monday, August 31st. The stunt is expected to resemble the Pixar movie ”Up”
BIG 12 STEAMS AHEAD: The leadership of the Big 12 has decided to go ahead with the 2020 college football season, with games scheduled to begin on September 26th. (ACC) The Atlantic Coast Conference has said that it will start play the weekend of September 12th while the (SEC) Southeastern Conference says it will start September 26th.
Coronavirus Sports Trending
– Brobible says the upcoming Masters Golf Tournament is going to be played without fans because of the coronavirus. The championship will take place beginning on November 12th
– The Daily Mail says only 23,000 fans will be able to attend the Kentucky Derby. The race normally attracts 170,000 people.The race will take place during the weekend of September 4th
– The NY Post says the Big Ten is going to lose up to $1 billion in revenue because their football season has been canceled due to the coronavirus
– Deadline Hollywood says “The Voice” will not premiere on NBC in September because of the coronavirus. ”America Ninja Warrior” will replace the series until it is ready to air
– A new survey vapors are five times more likely to test positive for the coronavirus than non-vapors.
The Weirdest Products People Have Been Buying During The Pandemic … according to the Huff Post
- Roller skates
7. Scented candles
Socially Distance Rave: WKMG says a socially distance rave is going to take place in Orlando on Saturday, August 22nd. Around 80 cars will be allowed into a parking lot where a slew of DJs are going to play from 1 p.m. until midnight. Event organizers plan to park the cars six feet apart. Dancing is allowed, but must take place near one’s vehicle.
Woman Finds Tooth In Aldi’s Ice Cube: Dublin Live says Clodagh Petrovec, of Kildare, Ireland, recently received the shock of her life when she found a tooth embedded in an ice cube from Aldi. The 42 year-old bought a bag of ice before putting some of it into her glass of Coke. She was downing the soft drink when she discovered the tooth in the cube.
Petrovic screamed and says, “Horrifying isn’t the word…I’m still not the better of it. It wouldn’t put me off shopping there but I will never buy ice anywhere ever again.”
Man Lives With Life-Sized Wax Figure Of His Dead Wife: The NY Post says a man from India recently honored the memory of his deceased wife by installing a giant wax figure of her likeness in his new home. Srinivas Gupta approached 25 architects before commissioning one of them to build an exact replica of his wife’s body. He then held a housewarming party to introduce the wax figure to his friends. The statue of Gupta’s wife is dressed in pink and gold. She is permanently positioned on Gupta’s living room couch. Gupta’s wife passed away in a car accident three years ago
ONIONS RECALLED AFTER BIG SALMONELLA OUTBREAK: Onions shipped to all 50 states and Canada for sale in stores have been recalled after nearly 900 people got sick with salmonella. The onions were sold at stores including Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Kroger, Food Lion, Giant Eagle, Publix and H-E-B. They have been removed from store shelves but consumers are warned that their recent purchases and even restaurant meals may be tainted and that even cooking them might not make them safe to eat. They included red, yellow, white and sweet yellow onions and were sold under many brand names: Thomson Premium, TLC Thomson International, Tender Loving Care, El Competitor, Hartley’s Best, Onions 52, Majestic, Imperial Fresh, Kroger, Utah Onions and Food Lion.
- 75% of raisins are eaten at breakfast time. LETS PULL OUT RAISINS OUT @ NIGHT…NIGHT TIME..IS THE RIGHT TIME….FO YO RAISINS TO BE OUT…..
A new study by Harris reveals that orange is the worst color to wear to a job interview. Orange is the color most associated with unprofessionalism. Other findings:
– Blue is the best color followed by black.
– Neutral colors convey a sense of professionalism.
– Wearing white is associated with being organized while wearing brown is most associated with being dependable.
The Daily Mail claims Kamala Harris’ step-children have nicknamed her “Momala.” Time for ‘Celebrity Nicknames.’ What is your favorite celebrity’s nickname?
B. Big C
- Fat Cavill
B. Crazy Cavill
C. Big Cavill
C. Capn’ Morgan
- Too Tall
TENNESSEE WOMAN’S DRIVER’S LICENSE BEARS PHOTO OF EMPTY CHAIR – (08/13/2020)
And you thought your driver’s license photo was embarrassing. Jane Dodd, of Hickman County, Tennessee, says she renewed her license online, but when the ID card arrived in the mail she found it had a photo of an empty chair where her face should be. Dodd ended up visiting a Department of Motor Vehicles office to get the error corrected. A DMV spokesperson says the error results from the wrong photo being saved to Dodd’s profile. Dodd says she finds the situation funny.
GERMAN CIRCUS SELLS JARS OF LION POOP FOR GARDENING – (08/13/2020)
This is not a conventional fertilizer, but it must work for someone. A German circus that’s been closed for months due to the COVID-19 pandemic is making some extra cash by selling lion poop. The Krone Circus says it’s been selling the lion droppings in jars, and they say it can be spread in a home garden to keep pets and wild animals from damaging plants. The circus even erected a large sculpture dubbed “Mr. Poo” outside their business to celebrate the new venture. You can visit www.circus-krone.com if you’d like to order your own jar of lion poop.
COLLEGE STUDENTS RETURN TO CAMPUS – (08/13/2020)
It’s getting to be the time of year when college students return to their dorms in college towns across the U.S., and that’s worrisome for town and gown. Local officials are bracing for an outbreak of coronavirus caused by young people who live in close quarters, ignore social distancing advice, and generally act like they’re invincible. According to Politico, colleges and universities are worried about their financial health if not their very existence. But city officials wonder if they can expect or demand that young people follow their rules for social distancing and mask-wearing. University of North Carolina students returned on Monday and already the university’s COVID-19 tracker shows 149 positive test results out of 1,666 tested. (Every college has its own plan. Some are continuing classes online, some are bringing students back to campus and some are trying a hybrid approach.)
Today’s Mindbender: ”8% of couples regularly argue about this. What is it?”
Extra Clue: not money
Extra Clue: family
Final Clue: his or hers