SUNRISE BROADCASTING, LCC
OFFICIAL RULES for all Sweepstakes and Contests
THESE ARE GENERIC RULES FOR ALL SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS SPONSORED BY SUNRISE BROADCASTING, LLC. FOR SPECIFIC RULES PERTAINING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTEST YOU WANT TO ENTER, OPEN THE RULES FOR THAT SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTEST. TO THE EXTENT THERE IS A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE GENERIC RULES AND THE SPECIFIC RULES FOR A PARTICULAR CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER POSTED ONLINE OR MENTIONED ON-AIR, THE SPECIFIC RULES WILL APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER. For instructions on how to enter, follow either (a) the rules detailed for the specific sweepstakes or contest, or (c) the directions mentioned on-air. Entries submitted may not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device or method to automate entry is prohibited. Incorrect, illegible, corrupt, and incomplete entries are void. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed proof of receipt.
- SPONSOR. The sponsor of a contest or sweepstakes is Sunrise Broadcasting, LLC. and Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY. Contests and sweepstakes are open only to permanent U.S. residents 18 years of age as of the start of the contest or sweepstakes, and who reside in the radio station’s total service area (TSA), as defined by Arbitron. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Unless otherwise stated in the specific rules for a contest or sweepstakes, entrants (a) are eligible to win a prize only once within a thirty-day period, with only one entry per household. A “household” is defined as individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on a Sunrise Broadcasting station, the individual/household is ineligible to win all other contests on a Sunrise Broadcasting station for a period of thirty (30) days. By submitting an entry to a contest or sweepstakes, the entrant acknowledges and agrees (a) to all of these Official Rules, and (b) to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final.
- PRIZE(S) AND ODDS. The method of choosing a winner(s), prize description, prize ARV, and odds of winning are outlined in either (a) the specific sweepstakes or contest rules on the station’s website, or (b) as mentioned on-air. The winner(s) will be notified by phone, email, or the social media account provided at entry and instructed how to claim and obtain the prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. Winner must sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited after thirty (30) days. Any winner who forfeits a prize is not eligible to win another Sponsor contest or sweepstakes for thirty (30) days.
- MOVIE SCREENING AS A PRIZE. If you win tickets to a movie screening you are not guaranteed a seat in the theater. You must arrive early to ensure your seat. Some screenings and theaters may be overbooked to ensure capacity. ARRIVE EARLY. Seating is on a first come, first seated basis. Passes and RSVPs do not guarantee admission. No one will be admitted without a ticket or after the screening begins. The ticket issuer (the theater) reserves the right to refuse, revoke, or limit admission in its sole discretion at any time. Admission constitutes consent for the issuer to photograph and record you, and to use your likeness for any legal purpose without payment. It is a violation of federal copyright laws to record a movie. If you attempt to use a device to record the movie, you will be immediately removed, reported to law enforcement and could face possible criminal and/or civil liability.
- RELEASE. By entering a contest or sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its prize suppliers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in a contest or sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By checking the relevant box or selection on the entry form, entrants agree that Sponsor may contact them via email with information, special content or features. An entrant may discontinue receiving such materials at any time by using the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in a contest or sweepstakes constitutes a winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of any and all materials submitted with an entry, including winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify a contest or sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest or sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of a contest or sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest or sweepstakes and compliance with applicable laws.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a contest or sweepstakes; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of a contest or sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in a contest or sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a contest or sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina or the appropriate North Carolina State Court located in Wake County, North Carolina; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a contest or sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with a contest or sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
- WINNER LIST. For a copy of the winner list for a particular contest or sweepstakes see specific rules for details. Lists are only available up to thirty (30) days after the contest or sweepstakes period ends.