August 23rd is the 235th day of the year. There are 130 days remaining until the end of the year
Today is Buttered Corn Day, Cuban Sandwich Day, Daffodil Day, Hug Your Sweetheart Day, National Cheap Flight Day and National Sponge Cake Day
There are 10 days left until Labor Day
There are 16 days left until Grandparents Day
– The Daily Mail claims Donald Trump is hoping Sean Spicer wins Dancing with the Stars. He tweeted, ‘Just heard that Sean Spicer will be on Dancing with the Stars. He will do great. A terrific person who loves our Country dearly!’
– The NY Daily News says the cast of The Sopranos is going to reunite at the MTV VMAs on Monday. Drea DeMatteo, Jamie Lynn Sigler and Vincent Pastore will present an award together
– TMZ claims Mr. T is suing a marijuana company for using his name without permission. The company is promoting a strain called ‘Mr. Tusk’ or ‘MrT’. Mr. T is suing for trademark infringement and wants the company to stop using the MrT name
– The Hollywood Reporter says Gary Busey is going to play God in a new off Broadway musical called “Only Human”.
– TMZ says Michelle and Barack Obama have purchased a $14.8 million Martha’s Vineyard estate. The estate has a seven-room mansion, 29 beachfront acres, a pool, a jacuzzi and an outdoor fireplace. The former First Couple bought the home from Boston Celtics CEO Wyc Grousbeck.
– CBS says reports Jay-Z is about to become the owner of an NFL team are false.
– Fansided says Cold Stone Creamery is offering two new ice cream flavors for Fall called Honey Cornbread and Blackberry Jam and Milk and Honey Graham
– QSR magazine claims KFC is now selling mac and cheese bowls for $5. The bowls come with chicken nuggets
– A new survey by Radio Times reveals that 74% of people have missed what was happening on a TV show or in a film because they were looking at their phone.
TODAY IN HISTORY:
— On this date in 1962, John Lennon married Cynthia Powell. They got divorced in November 1968.
— On this date in 1971, The original Shamu died
— On this date in 2000, Richard Hatch won $1 million on Survivor. He was the show’s first winner.
— On this date in 2007, Lindsay Lohan was charged with 7 misdemeanors stemming from her drunk driving arrest on Memorial Day Weekend 2007. Her charges included two counts each of driving under the influence, driving with a blood alcohol of over .08 percent, being under the influence of cocaine and reckless driving.
— On this date in 2008, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama introduced his running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, before a crowd outside the Old State Capitol in Springfield, Illinois
— On this date in 2010, Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren announced their divorce when they released a joint statement that read: “We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future. While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us.”
— On this date in 2011, Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was overthrown
Friday’s Birthday Cake:
Kobe Bryant (41)
Scott Caan (43)
Jay Mohr (49)
Dean DeLeo from Stone Temple Pilots (58)
Shelley Long (70)
Rick Springfield (70)
Barbara Eden (88)
Rocky Mount man sells fake Viagra with blue highway paint…
This Texas elementary teacher is under fire for her No Homework policy…
You can donate your used makeup, it gets sanitized and given to women in domestic violence shelters.
Woman surprises her man by wearing a bathing suit with his face printed on it.