Friday, July 19, 2019
200th day of the year.
There are 165 days remaining until the end of the year
Today is Flight Attendant Safety Professionals’ Day, National Daiquiri Day, National Raspberry Cake Day, New Friends Day, National Tell A Girl She’s Beautiful Day and Stick Out Your Tongue Day
There are 45 days left until Labor Day
There are 51 days left until Grandparents Day
– The Hollywood Reporter claims Netflix lost $17 billion in value yesterday after their stock plummeted by 10%. The drop was due to Netflix losing subscribers for the first time since they launched their streaming service
– Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s walk on the moon. Oreo is celebrating by releasing a limited edition Marshmallow Moon Cookie. The cookie has three moon landing designs and purple cream.
JASON DERULO RELEASES NEW ‘MAMACITA’ MUSIC VIDEO: Jason Derulo has dropped his music video for his single “Mamacita” featuring Farruko. In the video, Jason sports some sharp suits as he shows off his killer dance moves WITH BEDLAM VODKA
- Some DirectTV customers could lose their CBS stations tomorrow if an agreement is not reached tonight.
- UberCopter service has begun in New York from Manhattan to JFK
- OK, this is weird. Wasp spray is now being used as a meth alternative in West Virginia. 3 overdoses so far.
You gotta love Bud Light’s ad agency. They’re now offering free Bud Light to any alien that sneaks out of Area 51
– The Daily Mail claims Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler’s new Netflix movie, “Murder Mystery”, has been streamed 73 million times since being released a month ago.
Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga may become Hollywood’s next power couple. COMIN SOON
1.6 million Facebook users have marked themselves as ‘going’ to the raid on September 20th.
FaceApp, which allows you to age yourself in pictures with wrinkles, saggy skin, gray hair and yellow teeth, has been downloaded 12.7 million times since July 10th
– Chew Boom claims McDonalds is selling Lion King Happy Meals for a limited time. The meals have one of 10 character toys from the film including Mufasa, Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa and more.
– The NY Post says the House of Representatives passed a bill yesterday to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour. The current minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. The Senate is not expected to support the raise.
STORIES FROM FLORIDA: Five Guys Arrested For Fighting At Five Guys: The Orlando Sentinel claims the Stuart, Florida police recently arrested five guys for fighting at a Five Guys restaurant.
Shawn Mendes has teamed up with the online fashion retailer YOOX to launch his own clothing collection.
Cameron Diaz has given up acting for cooking. A source tells the magazine,“She’s very happy being away from acting. She has been “very fulfilled in her life. Cooking has become a passion, and she’s always coming up with new recipes and loves sharing food with the people around her.
the most admired men and women in the world.
Michelle Obama topped the women’s list followed by Oprah, Angelina Jolie, Queen Elizabeth and Emma Watson. Taylor Swift came in 10th, Madonna came in 11th and Ellen DeGeneres came in 15th
Bill Gates was the most admired man in the world followed by Barack Obama and Jackie Chan. Donald Trump was 14th
Instagram has started hiding LIKES. They are testing the hiding in several countries. They initially did a test in Canada. Instagram says they are hiding LIKES in an effort to reduce pressure on users and increase focus on content.
Users react …
NOOOO I JUST GOT THE INSTAGRAM UPDATE WHERE U CAN’T SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE LIKED THE POST
When Instagram hides likes, how am I going to see who likes the pictures of my crush?
am I the only one who hates this new update?
I think the #instagramlikes thing is a huge mistake. If you can’t see likes you are far less likely to ‘like’ an image. That reduces interaction, which is death for an interactive platform.
33 Strangers Receive College Scholarships From Deceased Good Samaritan: ABC says a Des Moines, Iowa carpenter, who died in 2005, donated his $3 million fortune to a scholarship fund that put 33 students through college. Dale Schroeder’s only notable belongings during his life were two pairs of jeans and a rusty old truck. He worked for 67 years to amass his fortune. Dale placed his lifetime earnings into the fund because he did not have any descendants. The 33 students, who benefited from Dale’s kindness, recently gathered to talk about the generosity of the man they never met.
Dale’s friend, Steve Nielsen, told them; “All we ask is that you pay it forward. You can’t pay it back, because Dale’s gone. But you can remember him and you can emulate him.
Man Reports Car Stolen; Forgot He Drove Wife’s Car To Store: Cleveland.com claims a Highland Heights, Ohio man recently called the police to report that his car had been stolen from a local Home Depot. When cops arrived, the man remembered that he had driven his wife’s car to the store and not his. He successfully located her car and thanked the police for their assistance
FEEL-GOOD STORIES OF THE DAY
BOY GIVES AWAY FOUL BALL: Who says all Philadelphia sports fans are mean? The Philadelphia Phillies caught a moment of brotherly love as two boys chased a foul ball in the stands. The first unidentified boy runs to picks up the ball, but then hands it over to the other boy instead of keeping it. The two then give each other a hug leaving one announcer to say, “Oh my god, I think we can go home now.”
MONEY AND THE ABOVE AVERAGE GUY
Men’s Health gives us this survey on money and the above average guy:
- 62 years old is the average age an American man retires
- $1.8 million – What the experts say he’ll need to live comfortably until he dies or turns 92.
- $124,831 – Is the amount of money he actually has saved, by the time he’s 52.
- 38 – Years is the amount of time it would take to become a millionaire if you save $1,000 a month, staring right now, at a 4 percent annual rate of return.
- $3,154 – Is the amount of money guys spend dining out each year.
- $1,100 – Is the sum you’d save if you packed your lunch every day instead of blowing it at the deli.
- $200,000 – Annual income the average family man thinks, he needs to attain life satisfaction. Most guys aren’t even close.
- $35,594 – Is the average guy’s annual income by the time he’s 30 years old.
- $57,239 – Is his average annual income by the time he hits 50.
- 46 percent – Of U.S. men who own zero stocks.
- 56 percent – Of guys keep and stay on a budget.
MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE TRAVELS FROM MICHIGAN TO FLORIDA IN 24 YEARS – (07/19/2019)
You never know where your message in a bottle might end up. A man relaxing in the water in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, found a message in a bottle that was thrown into Lake Michigan 24 years earlier. Gary Henrickson says he saw the bottle bobbing in the water near him, and uncorked it to find a letter from a man written in 1995. It reads: “Hello, June 16, 1995, Frankfurt, Michigan. I’ve tossed this bottle into the water to bring joy to anyone who finds it. This whiskey bottle was full a few short hours earlier. If you find this call me, and I’ll buy you a drink.” Henrickson says he tried to text the number on the note, and it actually reached the author of the note. He said the two talked and determined the bottle must have traveled to Florida via the Mississippi River.
THE REAL REASON DOGS SEEM TO HATE MAILMEN – (07/19/2019)
If your dog seems like he really has it out for your mail delivery person—you’re not alone. Animal expert Libby Brittain says this aggressive behavior against your mail-person is likely out of fear, as the person is a stranger and is invading the dog’s personal space. Another expert adds, “Dogs have an inherent need to defend their territory from intruders.” It also could be that your dog learns that the their barking ultimately makes this stranger, who leaves strange-smelling objects at the home, go away. So it could develop into a “learned” response to any intruder or stranger at the door. Also, some dogs are more nervous than others when it comes to seeing someone in a uniform carrying something. To make your dog more comfortable with the mail-person you should teach the mail-person your dog’s name, and devote some time to helping your dog become a friend with him or her, rather than an enemy.
NEW PARENT TAXI APP CHARGES YOUR KIDS IN CHORES EVERY TIME YOU GIVE THEM A RIDE – (07/19/2019)
Parents are basically glorified taxi drivers to their offspring, but a new app is looking to change all that. Parent Taxi was created by Skoda and will allow parents to charge their kids for rides in the form of labor, or chores. Once a drive is complete the app creates a total of the miles traveled and then tells you which chores need to be done to earn the ride. The driver can even send the receipt to their kids’ smartphones or tablets and share it on social media.
Today’s Mindbender: “11% of boys grow up wanting to be this. What is it?”
First Clue: not a firefighter
Extra Clue: helmet
Final Clue: Wear a (space) suit for this job
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
198th day of the year.
There are 167 days remaining until the end of the year
Today is National Hot Dog Day, National Peach Ice Cream Day, National Tattoo Day, Take Your Poet to Work Day, World Day for International Justice, World Emoji Day and Wrong Way Corrigan Dayy
There are 47 days left until Labor Day
There are 53 days left until Grandparents Day
— On this date in 1955, Disneyland opened
Wednesday’s Birthday Cake
country singer Luke Bryan (43)
David Hasselhoff (67)
– CNBC says Domino’s Pizza is adding a GPS tracker to its pizza orders so you will be able to track your order from the time it is placed until it arrives at your home.
– People magazine claims Muncie, Indiana is allowing residents to pay off parking tickets by donating cat food to a local shelter. The shelter has 350 cats and kittens in need of food and supplies
a 16-foot Ed Sheeran statue has been placed in Moscow’s famous Gorky Park. It shows Ed on his side while wearing red shorts, a graffiti-covered button-down shirt and red sunglasses. Warner Music Russia placed the statue in the park because Ed is performing in the city this Friday
BURGER KING SWEDEN HAS ’50/50′ MENU RANDOMLY DECIDES WHETHER CUSTOMERS GET REAL MEAT OR MEAT SUBTITUTE: As part of a promotional campaign for its plant-based burgers, Burger King restaurants in Sweden are running a “50/50 menu.” Customers who order from the special menu have a chance of ending up with either actual meat or plant-based patties in their sandwiches. The marketing director for Burger King Sweden said in a press release, “We are really proud how hard it is to tell our plant-based burgers apart from real meat.” Customers who want to know what they ended up with will have to scan the sandwich box with their Burger King app. (Fox)
NESTLE ANNOUNCES IT’S LAUNCHING SUGAR-FREE DARK CHOCOLATE KITKAT:
SOME STORES ARE ALREADY SELLING HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS
Rihanna is renting out her Hollywood Hills mansion for $35,000 a month because she is currently living in London near her boyfriend.
Katy Perry tells the Daily Mail that she stays healthy by getting enemas
the Kardashians are negotiating a new contract with the E! Network for ”Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” The website claims the Kardashians want $300 million
They’re saying that Bed, Bath and Beyond CHAIN IN TROUBLE!!!
40 PERCENT CHANCE GRONKOWSKI WILL COME OUT OF RETIREMENT TO REJOIN PATRIOTS:
LIL NAS X, ARIANA GRANDE, CARDI B, BTS MAKE TIME’S LIST OF 25 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET – (07/17/2019)
- MISS…PLEASE GET OFF THE PRESIDENTS FACE
Woman Arrested For Climbing Mount Rushmore: The Huffington Post claims Alexandria Incontro was recently busted for climbing Mount Rushmore while barefoot. She made it 15 feet from the top with no rope. Alexandria was able to climb up through a route between George Washington and Thomas Jefferson’s faces. A national park ranger from Rapid City, South Dakota urged Alexandria to come down. Alexandria was fined $1,000.
Today is National Hot Dog Day
Facebook studied user profiles to find out the most used emojis. They are …
1 the crying-so-hard-I’m-laughing emoji
2 the smiling heart-eyes emoji
3 the kissy face emoji
4 the birthday cake emoji
5 the heart emoji
6 the blushing emoji.ar.
- there are 2,800 emojis, of which 2,300 are used each day.
- over 700 million emojis are used everyday in Facebook posts.
- New Year’s Eve is the biggest day of the year for emojis
ALMOST AS GROSS AS PINK EYE GIRL
Delta Passenger Browses In-Flight Movies With Bare Feet: The NY Post says a Delta Airlines passenger was recently spotted using his bare feet to scroll through movies on one of the plane’s touch screens. Footage of the incident has been viewed thousands of times on social media.
Fisherman Survives 5 Days Lost At Sea: The Hindustan Times claims fisherman Rabindranath Das recently survived being lost at sea for five days after his boat capsized. He held onto a bamboo pole without food or a life jacket until a Bangladeshi ship finally rescued him. Das survived by drinking rain water. He was the only survivor of the 12 people on his vessel. His nephew drowned shortly before his rescuers arrived.
- Ever thought your house was haunted?
- Which listener speaks the most languages?
- What’s the best way to deal with loud, obnoxious cell phone users?
- Who’s got the coolest ring tone?
- Weird things you do to pass time?
- Best & worst advice you’ve ever received?
- What are you an expert at?
TOP FIVE SIGNS YOU OVERDID IT DURING AMAZON PRIME DAY
- You received a Thank You bouquet from the Cardboard Box Makers of America
- Bank officials have surrounded your house and are demanding you surrender your credit card
- You out-spent several South American countries
- You actually bought more items than you didn’t buy
- Your tablet tried to install a virus on itself to stop you
HEADLINE TRUTH OR TRASH
“One Million Americans to Storm Area 51!”
Truth! At least that’s what they say on Facebook. The Tongue-in-Cheek event will allegedly occur on September 20 and everyone is welcome.
“Baby Born at 7:11 on 7/11, Weighing 7 Pounds 11 Ounces!”
Truth! It happened on 7-Eleven Day in St. Louis. Rachel Langford is the mother and said she kept seeing the numbers 7 and 11 throughout her pregnancy.
“Chess Grandmaster Caught Cheating!”
Truth! Igors Rausis is a 58-year-old chess grandmaster and he just got busted for cheating in a tournament by using his smartphone in a toilet stall. The International Chess Federation says it caught the Latvian-Czech player “red-handed using his phone during a game” on Friday, and has since suspended him.
EMU SPOTTED RUNNING LOOSE THROUGH NORTH CAROLINA COUNTIES – (07/17/2019)
An emu is on the loose in North Carolina. Orange County Animal Services said it has received multiple calls in recent weeks about an emu on the run, and the animal is believed to be hanging around the border of Orange and Chatham counties. The large bird’s origins are unknown, and authorities didn’t say when the first sighting was reported.
WHY TWO OUT OF THREE BABIES ARE HELD ON THE LEFT – (07/17/2019)
If you’ve ever held a baby, you likely cradled it on the left side of your body. Researchers analyzed old studies, and found between 66 and 72 percent of people hold an infant with their left arm. They found 74 percent of right-handed people held the baby on their left, while just 61 percent of left-handed people did the same. It’s thought that right-handed people might hold a baby on their left to free up their dominant hand, but it’s also possible that since emotions are primarily processed in the right hemisphere of the brain, people may also tend to move their baby to their left side, which is linked to the right hemisphere of the brain. The latter theory could be especially true for mothers who established a strong emotional bong with their baby during pregnancy.
Today’s Mindbender: “18% of people say this is the first thing they check out when they enter someone’s home for the first time. What is it?”
First Clue: nothing to do with cleanliness
Extra Clue: large
Final Clue: soft
Answer: their couch
Monday, July 15, 2019
196th day of the year.
There are 169 days remaining until the end of the year
Today is Global Hug Your Kids Day, Gummi Worm Day, I Love Horses Day, National Be a Dork Day, National Get Out of the Doghouse Day, National Give Something Away Day, National Pet Fire Safety Day, National Respect Canada Day and National Tapioca Pudding Day
There are 49 days left until Labor Day
There are 55 days left until Grandparents Day
Tropical Storm/Hurricane Barry Trending
– Live Music Blog claims the Rolling Stones postponed their New Orleans concert due to Tropical Storm Barry. “Hang onto your tickets, they will be honored on July 15. We’re here with you — we’ll get through this together.”
– Business Insider claims a Carnival cruise ship had to reroute because of Tropical Storm Barry. The ship docked in Mobile, Alabama instead of New Orleans. Other ships may also reroute.
– The Times-Picayune newspaper claims the Coast Guard rescued two dozen people from their rooftops. They were overcome by Hurricane Barry’s 75 mph winds, rain and flood waters
NYC Power Outage: The NY Daily News claims much of Manhattan and Broadway went dark on Saturday night after a power failure. The ConEd outage occurred at 6:55 p.m. because their equipment malfunctioned. Firefighters rescued people trapped in elevators. The power came back on at 11:40 PM. At least a dozen Broadway shows were shut down because of the power loss
– TMZ claims WWE star Jeff Hardy was arrested on Saturday in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for being drunk in public. He is currently recovering from a knee surgery.
Today is the first of two Amazon Prime Days. 52% of people plan to purchase something from Amazon.com during one of their Prime days.
- Amazon is developing a higher quality version of the Echo speaker and ramping up work on its home robot. The robot has wheels and can be controlled by Alexa voice commands.
- Avocado prices are up 129% over last year.
Today is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day
- Before the term “bloopers” was coined, out-takes were called “boners.” (Yes)
- “Stranger Things” season 3 broke streaming records with 26.4 million U.S. viewers in just the first four days.
– Meghan Markle hugged Beyonce at the London premiere of ”The Lion King” last night. SHE SAID…”NOW I’VE MADE IT”
the feds arrested R.Kelly on Thursday because his former employees handed over at least 20 videos of him engaged in inappropriate acts with minors.
– The Hollywood Reporter claims a Varsity Blues reboot is in the works. The original film starred James Van Der Beek. The new cast is currently being assembled
– The Tampa Patch claims Tampa’s Hard Rock Hotel and Casino has acquired Elvis’s 24 karat gold grand piano. It will be displayed when the hotel opens its new refurbished area on October 3rd
Lil Nas X wants to record a remix of ”Old Town Road” with Mariah Carey
The Lion King” The movie is in theaters this Thursday
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home — $45.3 million
- Toy Story 4 — $20.7 million
- Crawl — $12 million
- Stuber — $8 million
‘AVENGERS: ENDGAME’ NEARS ‘AVATAR’S ALL-TIME BOX OFFICE RECORD – (07/15/2019)
Avengers: Endgame is headed toward complete box office dominance. The Disney and Marvel megahit snagged an additional $2.8 million at the B.O. this weekend, for a total of $2.78 billion worldwide, just $7.16 million behind Avatar’s all-time record of $2.788 billion
Cops Arrest Tongue Depressor Licker’s Mother: WJXT claims the Jacksonville, Florida police have arrested Cori Ward for recording her daughter licking a tongue depressor at a dentist’s office before returning the depressor to a jar. The video went viral last week before the medical office and the police launched separate investigations. Ward is now facing 30 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. She says the video has ruined her life and that she was just being silly
Ed Sheeran says his wife, Cherry Seaborn, inspired his hit with Justin Bieber ”I Don’t Care.’ ”Bieber just got married. I just got married. That song is about the person you love, and kind of just being like, let’s just have fun ourselves.’ It was actually Cherry’s idea, because she was like, ‘Oh, why don’t you get Bieber? He’d be perfect for this, he just fits it.’ I have quite a good relationship with him
Cardi B and Offset spent $400,000 on their daughter’s first birthday party. TMZ says the bash was attended by family and friends and included a Build-A-Bear Workshop
Pregnant Woman Craving Sponges: The Manchester Evening News claims Christine Silcock, of Manchester, England, is pregnant and craving sponges. The 32 year-old tells the paper, “I used to buy the two packs of sponges. I didn’t eat them I just used to put water on them and chew them, it was incredibly satisfying if not a bit weird. I cried during labour that I needed my wet sponge. I used to get up in the middle of the night and just sit on the side of the bath chewing it till my jaw ached.
Man Sits On Toilet For 116 Hours: Inside Edition claims a Belgian man recently attempted to set a world record for sitting on a toilet for the longest time. Jimmy De Frenne checked his phone, ate home cooked meals and talked with family and friends. He gave up after 116 hours. The world record is 165 hours
Man Makes M&M’s Guitar: The Press Herald claims Brian King, of Norfolk, Nebraska, recently made a guitar out of 4,000 M&Ms. He took apart a Fender guitar before creating a see-through plastic mold from it. Brian then placed 4,000 M&Ms inside the plexiglass guitar before sealing it with epoxy. He then placed a top coat on the guitar before drilling holes for the neck and strings. It took Brian 80 hours to create the guitar over three weeks. He plans to make a similar see-through guitar with coffee beans
When Idiots Go to the Airport
It was quite funny to everyone, except the Turkish woman it happened to. It was apparently her first time in an airport and she somehow thought the baggage conveyer belt would magically transport her to her flight. This went down at a recently opened airport in Istanbul and the poor woman was captured on video dressed in a pink top and shorts as she marched confidently past the check-in staff and up on to the ramp leading to the conveyor belt. She cautiously steps on to the moving bag transporter until she’s knocked off her feet and crashes down on her back. The staff then rushes to her aid and stop the conveyor belt. Fortunately, the only thing that was seriously hurt was her pride.
Top Cities For Speeding Tickets according to a new survey by Insurify
- Beaufort, South Carolina – 22.1% of drivers have received a speeding ticket
- Portsmouth, Virginia – 20.4% of drivers have received a speeding ticket
- Des Moines, Iowa – 20.1% of drivers have received a speeding ticket
- Canton, Ohio – 17.9% of drivers have received a speeding ticket
- Loveland, Colorado – 17.7% of drivers have received a speeding ticket
What the What?
An officer in Guthrie, Oklahoma stopped a car with expired tags only to discover that it was stolen. Then the hits just kept coming. A search of the vehicle revealed a gun in the console next to an open bottle of whiskey, a rattlesnake in the backseat and a canister of powdered uranium!!
WOMAN PRAISES POSTMAN AFTER HE THREW A PARCEL THROUGH AN OPEN FIRST-FLOOR WINDOW – (07/15/2019)
It’s really the little things in life that make people happy. A woman in England is praising her postman after he threw her package in through an open window of her home. Rather than leave a note telling her when she could pick up her package, he left a note saying, “Your top window was wide open. I threw it in there [smiley face.]” She found the package, which had vitamins inside, on top of her bed. She’s since praised the postman for his “really good aim,” and says she’d like to meet the person and “shake their hand.
SEEING GREENERY LINKED TO LESS INTENSE AND FREQUENT CRAVINGS – (07/15/2019)
Nature is good for you, and in ways you might not expect. University of Plymouth researchers found that being able to see green spaces from your home is associated with reduced cravings for alcohol, cigarettes, and even harmful foods
TENNESSEE WOMAN FINDS SNAKE IN APARTMENT TOILET – (07/15/2019)
You hear about stuff like this happening in Australia, but you don’t expect to hear about it happening in Tennessee. A woman living in Middle Valley says she found a snake in her apartment’s toilet on Thursday night (July 11th.) She said an apartment maintenance crew taped the toilet shut and told her a pest control expert would visit her home Friday morning (July 12th.) An expert says the snake in the video the woman posted appears to be a garter snake, which is common and non-venomous
VETERINARIAN: COLORADO DOGS GETTING HIGH FROM EATING HUMAN POOP – (07/15/2019)
It turns out using drugs doesn’t just affect people, but also hungry dogs. A Colorado-based veterinarian Dr. Scott Dolginow says between three and 10 dogs are brought into his practice each week with marijuana toxicity, and 70 to 80 percent of the dog owners say they don’t know where the pets found the drug. He adds, “But they say they were out on a trail or camping. I can’t believe the owners are lying.” He thinks the animals are getting the drugs from eating human poop tainted with THC, the psychoactive component of marijuana. Marijuana toxicity in dogs has been on the rise over the last six years, since states began legalizing recreational use of the plant. Dogs with the condition usually have nausea and disorientation, and the treatment includes keeping the animal calm and hydrated until the THC naturally passes through the system.
Today’s Mindbender: “1 million boxes of this are sold each day. What is it?”
First Clue: kids love it
Extra Clue: not cereal
Final Clue: creamy OR yellow
Answer: mac and cheese