President Trump has announced that December 5th, 2018 will be a National Day of Mourning in honor of the late President George H.W. Bush who passed away Friday at the age of 94 on Friday.
What it means for us: In honor of 41st President, events will be held in remembrance and most government departments will be closed on Wednesday.
- U.S. Postal Service will not deliver regular mail. All post office locations will be closed too. Limited package delivery will continue to avoid setbacks during the busy holiday season, however.
- New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq will be closed.
- Federal offices will be closed. Federal employees will be excused from work, except for reasons of national security or essential public businesses.
- Some banks and courts will be closed. Federal Reserve Bank payment systems will work as normal.
- The Supreme Court is postponing arguments for that day.
- The House has cancelled all votes for the week.
- The Senate has postponed votes to after the Wednesday funeral.