North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced this afternoon at 3 pm that he is extending his Stay-at-Home order through May 8 with a Phased Plan to re-open the North Carolina economy. Below is the planned Phased approach that includes 3 distinctive phases.
Data released during today’s press conference from the NCDHHS shows that the curve has been flattened. However, the state is utilizing a 14 day benchmark to see reductions in cases, positive tests, and overall hospitalizations before lifting restrictions any further.
- DMV: Both DMV offices in Wilmington are appointment only. Driving tests have been temporarily suspended except for CDL.The DMV office in Burgaw is closed until further notice.
- Lottery: The NC Education lottery has closed all claim centers through at least March 31st.
- Pender County: Pender County officials urge residents to call or email county departments for assistance before visiting county offices. Effective Wednesday, March 25, the county requires appointments for in-person visits.
Crisis Resources from Geri Lail at Thomas Judy and Tucker PA: https://www.tjtpa.com/crisresources/
WRAL Unemployment Resources: https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/lost-your-job-due-to-coronavirus-slowdown-here-s-how-to-get-help/19010660/
NCRLA Resources: https://ncrla-covid-19.org/
From Joe Schmidt: Most SBA loans require the following… folks could start on these docs before making any decisions:
1. FORM 1919 on any owners, key officers/managers – please review the form, fill in the blanks, and answer all questions, sign and date (initials where indicated).
2. FORM 4506 – one representative can sign and date for the company.
3. Tax Consent Form – one representative can complete, sign, and date for the company
4. Articles of Organization (including any amendments)
5. Trade Name Certificate (if any)
TowneBank Resources: https://www.townebank.com/member-support/covid-19
Stream the WRAL Daily Coronovirus podcast for the highlights of 4.9.20webinar.
Local community colleges offer valuable services and resources for small business owners:
UNCW also offers many resources for business including free, personalized, business consulting:
All North Carolina public schools are closed to in-person instruction through May 15th.
Making plans for online learning, but not currently requiring student participation.
New Hanover County:
The NHCS Division of Instruction and Academic Accountability is developing a plan for learning continuity, including online resources and print materials for supplemental and new learning in grades K-12, Career Technical Education, Special Education, and Early Childhood Services.
March 24-March 31 have been designated training and development dates for teachers. April 1 has been designated as a launch date for all courses, with teachers focusing on assessing student access, orientation, and reconnecting with students and families through April 3.
For traditional calendars, Spring Break will remain on April 6 through April 13. Spring Break remains unchanged at this time on other calendars.
Officials with Pender County Schools have installed wi-fi hotspots at the county’s three traditional high schools to help students stay connected to their teachers. School buses in Pender County will be drop off meals at dozens of locations throughout the county for students in need.
- Battleship NC: Closed TFN.
- Cameron Art Museum: Closed TFN.
- Cape Fear Museum: Closed TFN.
- Fort Fisher State Recreation Area: Closed TFN.
- Freeman Park: Closed TFN.
- Kure Beach Pier: Closed TFN.
- NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher: Closed TFN.
- North Carolina Maritime Museum at Southport: Closed TFN. Offering online learning opportunities
Message from NOVANT Health: TO OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS
Many of you are asking how you can help support our healthcare workers on the front line during this pandemic.
We are humbled by the outpouring of support from our community in our fight against the coronavirus outbreak. Your generous gifts will help us protect our clinical teams and ensure they remain at the forefront of care for people in our communities. There are several ways you can contribute, and no contribution is too small. Many of these needs are outlined on www.novanthealth.org/giving.
In addition, many local businesses have expressed interest in providing meals to our team. To keep our communities and teams safe, please email email@example.com to coordinate drop off of items or food.
Food Lion Customers Can Now Donate Shop & Earn MVP Rewards to Help Feed Neighbors in Their Communities. New Option Gives Customers Ability to Help Neighbors in Need While Purchasing Items They Already Shop For…