Wednesday, April 26, 2017
116th day of the year.
There are 249 days remaining until the end of the year
There are 9 days remaining until Cinco De Mayo
There are 18 days remaining until Mother's Day
Today is Administrative Professionals' Day, Denim Day, Hug a Friend Day, International Guide Dog Day, International Noise Awareness Day, National Help a Horse Day, National Kids and Pets Day, National Pretzel Day and National Static Cling Day
Wednesday's Birthday Cake:
Channing Tatum (37)
NEW BUILDING COMING DOWNTOWN NEXT TO THRONE!
Boutique spaces, nightclub possibility for Second and Market
NEW AREA CALLED THE T.I.P. THE TIP. SHORT FOR 'THE IMPORTANT PEEPS" AND THE TIP OF DOWNTOWN!!!
- Business Insider claims Donald Trump has a button on his Oval Office desk that is used to summon a butler. Trump has the butler bring him Coke and other drinks.
Taylor Swift and Harry Styles may reconcile.
Selena Gomez recently chopped off her hair and is now sporting a bob hairstyle
- first flying car ready by 2020. The company is working with NASA, the FAA and aerospace companies to make flying cars possible and safe
- Yahoo News claims chocolate cake Twinkies have hit store shelves. The Twinkies are still filled with white cream filling.
- Limited edition Jolly Rancher-flavored Pop-Tarts have hit store shelves. People are flocking to buy frosted watermelon, green apple and cherry-flavored Jolly Rancher tarts
Former Deadliest Catch star Jake Harris was arrested in Arizona for allegedly stealing a car and charges of drug possession.
And now the speaking engagements begin for former President Obama, at the rate of $400K per.
Movie News Trending ...
- IGN News claims Sony Pictures is making a movie about WWE owner Vince McMahon. ''Pandemonium'' will chronicle McMahon's rise to fame.
- Deadline.com claims Chris Rock and Adam Sandler are going to star in a new Netflix movie called "The Week Of". It will follow Sandler and Rock as their son and daughter prepare to marry one another.
- Entertainment Weekly claims Disney will release Frozen 2 on November 27, 2019.
he release date of the fifth Indiana Jones movie has been pushed back to 2020. Harrison Ford will turn 78 on July 13, 2020. The Indiana Jones films have grossed $2 billion at the box office
Bruno Mars Started Performing At Age 5
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Announces His Retirement ... NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has decided to retire at the end of the 2017 season. He announced that he made the decision so that he could go out on his own terms. Dale has won 26 times in 603 starts since 1999
Nordstrom is selling muddy jeans for $425.
The store's website describes the jeans as ... ''The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans, which are made by the brand PRPS, embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action."
"Dirty Jobs" host Mike Rowe blogged: "Finally — a pair of jeans that look like they have been worn by someone with a dirty job... made for people who don’t. A costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic — not iconic
Anne Hathaway's portrayal of Andrea Sachs in The Devil Wears Prada topped the list with 31% followed by Dolly Parton's character in "Nine to Five" (27%), Gwyneth Paltrow's character in "Iron Man" (15%)
In honor of National Administrative Professionals Day, the editors of Business Management Daily asked administrative assistants to weigh in with the craziest requests they've received. Here is a list of the best:
- Inspect the boss's sandwich every day to make sure it contained no tomatoes.
- Drop off a pet's stool sample at the vet. "He left the container on my desk while I was having lunch."
- Take a Johnny Mathis album cover to the tailor to find material that matched Johnny's jacket.
- Stuff tissue between the boss's upper lip and teeth, after he chipped a tooth and then glued it back together.
- Spray the boss's bald head with sunscreen
TEARJERKER ALERT... Couple Married For 69 Years Dies While Holding Hands: The Chicago Sun-Times claims Isaac and Teresa Vatkin, of Skokie, Illinois, recently died minutes apart while holding hands. The couple was married for 69 years. Teresa died first in the couple's shared hospital room before Isaac went 40 minutes later.
Their son Daniel tells the paper. “The moment he felt we removed her hand from his, he was able to say ‘OK, I’m done protecting her. I can go and rest as well'. The ultimate in chivalry — so he could go to heaven and open the door for her.”
Their other son Leo says; “His hand was on top of hers. He was trying to breathe. And then, as they wheeled her out, his hand was hanging over the bed. I turned around, and he wasn’t breathing anymore.”
Teresa was 89 while Isaac was 91
Man Raises $28K To Feed Homeless Cats: People magazine claims 76 year-old William Ortiz started a GoFundMe page in order to raise money to feed homeless cats. In 14 months, he has raised $28,000. The retired welder now feeds all of the feral cats in East Hartford, Connecticut
The Ultimate Selfie Camera
The Strait Times newspaper claims Casio has produced a new camera for women called the FR100 L. It uses technology and angles to make women look taller and slimmer than they really are. The camera also has a makeup mode that uses contrast and filters to enhance images and smooth out skin. The Casio's technology tells the user what angles to shoot from to appear taller or thinner.
HEADLINE TRUTH OR TRASH
"Trump Plans To Send Astronauts To Mars!"
Trash! HE SAID, MATT DAMON HAS ALREADY BEEN THERE AND SAID IT SUCKS.
"Air Marshall Leaves Gun in Airplane Bathroom!"
Truth! Yep - found by a passenger who fortunately turned it in to the flight crew.
"Teen Thrown in Jail For Dropping F-Bombs!"
Truth! Louisiana deputies arrested Jared Dylan Smith after they say he yelled an "F-bomb" while sitting next to a 75-year-old woman and quote, "clearly disturbed her peace." He spent a night in jail and could be sentenced to 90 days more and a $100 fine.
Watercooler Audio Clips ... today's montage has the following soundbites:
Vin Diesel is outraged after Charlize Theron says he kisses like a dead fish
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. announces his retirement
Caitlyn Jenner says the tabloids forced her to come out as a woman
Today's Mindbender: ''15% of people look forward to doing this on the weekend. What is it?"
Extra Clue: at home
Exta Clue: not sleep or a nap
Final Clue: chore