Always Check our FACEBOOK for the latest!
WEEK OF APRIL 6 -10
NEW HANOVER CO: 51 CONFIRMED!!
KROGER, WALMART TESTING ONE-WAY AISLES TO HELP MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
HARRY POTTER FANS: J.K. ROWLING SAYS SHE HAS ‘RECOVERED’ FROM COVID-19 –
Carole Baskin is not going to appear in the rumored extra episode of Netflix’s ”Tiger King”.
- Four tigers and three lions in New York City have tested positive for the coronavirus, thanks to an infected zookeeper.
Miley Cyrus and her boyfriend Cody Simpson provided a treat for local health care workers on Saturday.
The couple delivered 120 tacos to healthcare workers at Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, California.
Gloria Estefan Turns ‘Get On Your Feet’ Into ‘Put On Your Mask’
THE WEEKND TO STAR IN EPISODE OF ‘AMERICAN DAD’ THAT HE CO-WROTE
KELLY CLARKSON GIVES TOUR OF FAMILY RANCH IN MONTANA: While self-quarantining with her family at their ranch in Montana, Kelly Clarkson decided to give a virtual tour of their property.
KATY PERRY ANNOUNCES SHE IS HAVING A GIRL
Jessie J and Channing Tatum are done
– Business Insider says 35 million Americans could lose their health insurance due to coronavirus layoffs.
– CBS says Michaels has donated $1 million worth of fabric for coronavirus face masks. The retailer says the material should be enough to make 750,000 masks.
– Footwear News says Jo-Ann Fabrics customers have made over 25 million masks for health-care workers battling the coronavirus
– Business Insider says Peloton is temporarily canceling its live classes because one of its New York employees has tested positive for the coronavirus. Members can still access on-demand classes.
– A new survey by the dating app Crush reveals that 78% of singles are open to meeting someone during the current coronavirus pandemic. NO..IT CAN WAIT!!
– TMZ says UFC president Dana White is planning to hold UFC fights on a private island during the coronavirus. Fighters would fly in on private planes, brawl, and then go home. The UFC plans to screen fighters and staffers before bouts.
GREAT VIDEO MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY PLAYS BINGO WITH SENIORS: Virtual cuteness alert! Matthew McConaughey, his wife Camila, their two children and his mom Kay hopped on Zoom to play Bingo with seniors at the Enclave at Round Rock Senior Living in Texas. “Thank you to Matthew, his wife Camila, and his mom Kay for hosting our residents for a few rounds of virtual bingo!” the facility wrote alongside a video they shared of the interaction. “Our residents had a great time playing, and they loved talking with Matthew about his family heritage and his favorite drink.”
Coronavirus Trending .. FOOD & DRINK
– WCVB says some 7-Eleven stores won’t serve customers unless they are wearing gloves and masks.
– Delish magazine says participating Domino’s pizza restaurants are giving away 10 million slices of pizza to hospitals, medical centers, students and people in need. Over 6,000 restaurants are participating in the free giveaway. Local franchisees will choose, who gets the free pies and slices
– NPR says shoppers in Mexico are panic buying beer because of the coronavirus. A Governor from Mexico has recommended banning alcohol sales because he is worried quarantining people may become addicted and because domestic violence cases may spike.
AUTO INSURERS GIVING REFUNDS AS PEOPLE STAYING HOME DUE TO CORONAVIRUS: Some auto insurers are giving refunds to their customers since many Americans aren’t using their cars as much as they’re following stay-at-home directives amid the coronavirus pandemic. AllState said most customers will get a 15 percent refund in April and May, and American Family Insurance is refunding $50 per vehicle. Geico and State Farm are encouraging customers to contact them to discuss their policies based on them driving less. The Wall Street Journal said American Family customers drove 40 percent fewer miles in the last three weeks of March, which has led to fewer claims. Company COO Telisa Yancy told the Journal, “It is real dollars we expected to pay out this year and no longer have to pay out. We are sharing it back right now when our customers probably most need it.”
High Schooler Holds Own Graduation Ceremony Because Of Coronavirus: WCBD says Meghan Mims, of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, recently held her own high school graduation ceremony because of the coronavirus. Her ceremony was canceled so she put on her cap and gown and walked across her lawn as her family cheered for her. Megan will be majoring in nursing when she attends the University of South Carolina in the Fall
Just Married: The York Daily Record says David Fox and Holly Rankin, of Hanover, Pennsylvania, recently got married in their backyard because of the coronavirus. Their family socially distanced all over their backyard as they walked down the aisle and exchanged vows. They lined their sidewalk with Corona beer and handed out hand sanitizer and gloves to guests. David and Holly wore medical masks that said ”Just Married” following their ceremony. Their party included salmon, potatoes, broccoli and green beans. Guess took home Corona beer, cookies and a roll of toilet paper
MOM RAISES MONEY FOR LOCAL HOSPITAL BY BAKING TOILET PAPER ROLL CAKE – (04/07/2020)
This is certainly a sign of the times. Lisa Jamieson baked a chocolate fudge sponge cake on Tuesday evening (March 31st), iced it to look like a toilet paper roll, and spelled out “STAY HOME” around the cake’s base. By Wednesday morning (April 1st), the mom, from Milton Keynes in England, had set up a JustGiving page to auction off the cake to raise money for Milton Keynes Hospital. By the time the auction was closed on Thursday (April 2nd) Lisa was amazed to have gathered $2,681 from 260 supporters. Jamieson says she’s very grateful to all who donated.
47 CASES NOW IN NEW HANOVER CO: MAJORITY 49 AND OVER!!!
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says you can expect to see your one-time stimulus checks of up to $1,200 show up in their bank accounts in about two weeks.
– Variety magazine says Netflix is going to stream an extra episode of ”Tiger King”. Filming is currently taking place. The episode should air sometime this week (I Saw A Tiger, Tiger Saw A Man)
Tiger Tests Positive For Coronavirus: ABC says a four-year-old tiger at the Bronx has tested positive for the coronavirus. ‘Nadia’ contracted the virus from a zoo employee, who tested positive for covid-19. Nadia’s sisters have developed a dry cough and are expected to recover. Nadia’s only symptom is a decreased appetite
Those with questions should call the county’s COVID-19 hotline at 910-798-6800, which is open seven days a week from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
KATY PERRY ANNOUNCES SHE IS HAVING A GIRL
Pink has beaten the coronavirus. She was diagnosed two weeks ago and is donating $1 million to coronavirus relief.
– Entertainment Tonight says Kobe Bryant is going to be inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame early because of his untimely death.
– The Sun says Mama June is making money during the coronavirus pandemic by sending Cameo videos to fans for $30 a piece.
–Bored at home? Learn to play the guitar for FREE:
The first 100,000 users who create an account for Fender Play, their online learning platform, will get three months of free online lessons. While you will need to provide your own instrument, the lessons are available for acoustic and electric guitar, as well as bass and ukulele.
Alicia Keys For those interested in getting in touch, Alicia’s number is 917-970-2001.
Keys’ new album ALICIA is expected in May. put a stay-at-home spin on Flo Rida’s track “My House
– Hazmat suit sales are on the rise because of the coronavirus. Over the weekend, people were seen wearing hazmat suits to weddings and Walmart.
– Quaranting people are making their own treadmills at home by squirting water and dish soap on the floor before walking and running on top of it.
– Business Insider says Apple is now designing and producing face shields for coronavirus medical workers. The company hopes to donate 20 million masks
– Business Insider says Hobby Lobby has finally decided to temporarily close their stores due to the coronavirus. Nearly all of their employees are being furloughed without pay.
– Business Insider says Amazon MAY delay its Prime Day until August because of the coronavirus. The event typically takes place in July.
– Business Insider says Delta is losing $60 million a day because of the coronavirus
– Forbes Magazine and Wine America say 4,582 wine events have been canceled because of the coronavirus. America’s 800 largest wineries have lost over $40 million because of the coronavirus.
– Business Insider says Cape Cod residents are signing a petition to have the city’s bridges raised in an attempt to keep visitors and those, who have a second home there, out. They are trying to social distance as a city and don’t want New Yorkers infecting the population.
Goggles For Docs: John Schaefer has started a new organization called Goggles For Docs. He is collecting ski goggles for doctors and hospitals, who are short on coronavirus medical masks.
CDC is recommending people wear cloth masks that they can make at home. He says they are not recommending people wear medical grade surgical masks. He asks that we save those for our medical personnel
From the Department of Irony and I’m not making this up, in Mexico, production of Corona beer has been temporarily suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic.
A couple from India has named their newborn twins Corona and Covid: Their mother, Preeti Verma, is quoted by the paper as saying, “I was blessed with the twins — a boy and a girl. We have named them Covid and Corona for now. The delivery happened after facing several difficulties and therefore, my husband and I wanted to make the day memorable.
Restaurant Removes Menu Prices Due To Pandemic: WAIT says a Barnevield, Wisconsin restaurant has taken prices off their menu because of the coronavirus. Cook’s Cafe says they are allowing customers to pay what they can afford for their meals because of the pandemic. Owners Cliff and Yvonne Hooks say they are tossing their profits out the window to help the community. They are changing their business from an LLC to a non-profit.
Man Buys Gas For 40 Nurses: CBS says Alan Marshall, of Detroit, is being hailed as a hero for using $900 worth of his savings to buy gas for 40 area nurses battling the coronavirus. He stood outside of an Exxon gas station near the Detroit Medical Center with a sign that read: “FREE GAS FOR NURSES.” Marshall had been saving to buy a knife sharpening tool, but decided against it in order to help nurses in need
Man Thanks Walmart Workers With Sign: KERO says a man from Bakersfield, California has been standing outside of a local Walmart with a sign for workers that reads, “Thank You To All Workers.” Ralph McCracken also paraded through the store with the sign. He did it to make workers happy and to thank them for putting their lives on the line during the coronavirus outbreak.
WEEK OF MARCH 30-APRIL 3
42 CASES IN NEW HANOVER CO NOW!! BLADEN CO HAS FIRST CASE
We’ve Hit the Million Mark
About 4pm EDT yesterday, (Thursday), the number of confirmed coronavirus cases reported in the world passed 1 million. As high as that is, USA Today reports, the real toll is higher. “The million is clearly way under what the actual number will be,
TONIGHT THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN MASONBORO ISLAND!!!
America could be reopened by Memorial Day. Last weekend of may!! THAT’S THE NEW GOAL ACCORDING TO GOVT
SMALL BUSINESS BAILOUT BEGINS: A massive program to keep people who work for small businesses on the payrolls by funneling taxpayer dollars through their employers started today. The nation’s banks are expected to loan out the money, which will be fully repaid with interest by the government. At a press conference Thursday, Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin said the guidelines are posted and the program is ready to go.
- CHECK IT OUT: The Paycheck Protection Program site is online.
two antimalarial drugs being touted as a possible treatment for the novel coronavirus.
Bezos Donating $100 Million: Business Insider says Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is going to donate $100 million to help food banks during the coronavirus pandemic. Oprah just gave $10 million
– NBC says ”Tiger King” star Joe Exotic has been transferred to a prison hospital because several fellow inmates tested positive for the coronavirus. The 57 year-old is serving a 22-year sentence for a murder-for-hire plot.
‘Tiger King” star Joe Exotic has two Hollywood stars in mind to play him in a movie. Filmmaker Rebecca Chaiklin says, “He would like Brad Pitt or David Spade to play him. He doesn’t refer to David Spade as David Spade — he refers to him as ‘Joe Dirt.’”
– Collider magazine says the release of “Top Gun: Maverick” has been postponed until December 23rd due to the coronavirus
Couple Replacing Wedding Guests With Cardboard Cutouts:
– The NY Daily News says Twizzlers are going to be sold without their famous ridges for a limited time. The company released a statement saying, “Why did we decide to get rid of the most recognizable feature of Twizzlers candy, you ask? Maybe we wanted to do something unexpected, or maybe we had an issue on the production line. The world may never know, but what we do know, is that Izzlers candy is fun, delicious and only here for a very limited time.”
– Reuters says a record 6.6 million people filed for unemployment last week in America due to the coronavirus. That’s double from the previous week. GQ Magazine says over 10 million people are filing for unemployment.
– The National Post says Grupo Modelo is going to temporarily stop brewing Corona beer because it has been declared non-essential by Mexico’s government.
– KVOA says some local dry cleaners are offering free cleaning services for medical workers so they can get their masks and scrubs cleaned while treating coronavirus patients.
– Business Insider says some coronavirus stimulus checks may take up to five months to arrive without direct deposit. People with direct deposit should receive their money by mid-April. Individuals making $99,000 or more won’t receive any cash
. Cardi B says her hospitalization is not due to the coronavirus. She posted, “I’ve been very sick these past five days… not corona. I have really bad stomach issues… I started throwing up…”
Coronavirus Patients Refuse To Stay At Home; Must Wear Ankle Bracelets: Kentucky court system has ordered several coronavirus patients to wear GPS ankle bracelets because they refuse to stay at home. One man was given the ankle monitor after he balked at signing a quarantine order. A Jefferson County patient was placed on house arrest after going shopping.
City Fining Residents $1,000 For Not Wearing Coronvirus Face Masks: city of Laredo, Texas is requiring every resident older than five years-old to wear a coronavirus face mask when out in public. People, who don’t cover their nose or mouth will be fined $1,000 and charged with a misdemeanor
Travel Company Closes Due To Coronavirus: WBBM says the online travel company Bookit has gone out of business due to the coronavirus. People, who had reservations with the site were told their trips were canceled. The site is also refusing to refund money. Bookit’s phone line is dead while Emails sent to the company are bouncing.
Coronavirus Trending …
– Business Insider says some nurses are demanding as much as $5,000 a week to work in coronavirus hot zones
– The Daily Dot says doctors at New York City hospitals are being given Yankees ponchos to wear because the hospitals are short on coronavirus masks and gowns. Some physicians thought the ponchos were a joke at first
– Business Insider says McDonald’s will take workers’ temperatures before their shifts start to make sure they are well and not infected with the coronavirus
– Fox News says Disney is donating 150,000 rain ponchos to hospitals. The ponchos can be used as gowns
– MarketWatch says Wimbledon has been canceled due to the coronavirus. It’s the first time since World War II that the tournament has been nixed.
– The Daily Mail says the Belgium police will jail people for two years if they cough on police officers during the pandemic. Two men recently spat on police officers in separate incidents. Normally, the men would have been fined $250, but now that penalty has been raised to $15,000 and jail time
– NBC says Home Depot is limiting the number of customers inside their stores at any given time due to the coronavirus. Social distancing markers have also been placed at counters.
– WHDH says some Walmart, Home Depot and BJ’s stores are blocking off non-essential aisles to reduce roaming. They are trying to increase social distancing by cutting down on browsing
– NBC says Costco is changing their entrance policy due to the coronavirus. Card members will only be allowed to bring one person with them while shopping during the outbreak.
– BuzzFeed News says Costco is cutting ties with the company they use for their in-store samples because of the coronavirus.
– Raw Story says Hobby Lobby is reopening 19 of their stores in Ohio and 17 in Wisconsin even though governors from both states ordered non-essential businesses to close. Hobby Lobby claims they are an essential business because they sell educational materials and products for home based businesses.
– Brobible says Kim Kardashian and Kanye West did not meet with Donald Trump about freeing “Tiger King” star Joe Exotic from prison. The website High Snobiety started the rumor as an April Fool’s joke.
– The Blast claims Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have allegedly viewed a $20 million Malibu mansion where Princess Diana wanted to live.
– Ace Showbiz says Dancing with the Stars dancer Karina Smirnoff has given birth to a baby boy.
Coronavirus Cure May Have Been Found: TMZ says a pandemic doctor, named Jacob Glanville, claims he has found a cure for the coronavirus. His shot finds, neutralizes and blocks the virus from infecting human cells. Infected people, who receive the shot would start to feel better in just 20 minutes. Glanville’s shot and antibodies are now being sent to the US Army Medical Research Institute for testing
Country Bans The Word “Coronavirus”: Fox News claims the nation of Turkmenistan has banned the media from using the word “coronavirus.” The country is threatening harsh punishments for news outlets that fail to comply. Turkmenistan is reportedly pretending that the pandemic does not exist. It has already removed health brochures from hospitals, schools, and workplaces. Authorities are also threatening citizens with jail time if they wear face masks in public.
93 Year-Old Hubby And 88 Year-Old Wife Beat Coronavirus: Fox News says a 93 year-old man from India, and his 88 year-old wife, have beaten the coronavirus. The man was a longshot because he had hypertension and diabetes. Medical workers cheered as the couple left the hospital.
Second Cat Tests Positive For Coronavirus: The Daily Mail claims a cat from Hong Kong has become the second feline to test positive for the coronavirus. The cat’s 25 year-old owner is in serious condition with a fever. It is believed that she has the coronavirus and passed it to her pet.
Coronavirus May Cause Beer Shortage: The Financial Post says beer makers are struggling to find bottles because of the coronavirus. Some recycling efforts have been shut down because of the outbreak so beer makers are not producing as much beer because they don’t have the bottles to put the suds in.
City Waves Electric Bills Due To Coronavirus: KAKE-TV says the city of Gardner, Kansas is waving electricity bills for March. Mayor Steve Shute says the city is absorbing the $790,000 loss because they can afford it and because the gesture benefits residents. “We are fortunate that we own our utilities, so we can authorize these changes and provide this much welcome relief for all in our community while they wait for federal government assistance.”
Family Using Remote Control Cars To Deliver Care Packs To Neighbors: WKRN says a Nashville, Tennessee family is using a remote control car to deliver care packages and cookies to their neighbors. Vanessa and Trey Harris say the project is a creative way to keep their daughters, Rose and Holland, busy while quarantining.
Justin Bieber has postponed all of his 2020 tour dates because of the coronavirus
Tiger King star Joe Exotic has been transferred from a county jail to a federal prison in Fort Worth, Texas. He is being quarantined due to the coronavirus. Exotic cannot make any phone calls or check emails.
April Fool’s Day Prank Scares Entire State: WFMY says a fake coronavirus post scared students yesterday in North Carolina. It read: “Breaking Governor Cooper orders N.C. students to repeat current grade, beginning 2020-2021.”
Parents went wild and posted …
“Roy cooper are you serious about us repeating our grades like what would be the point”
“vote him out of office.”
People then realized that it was an April Fool’s Day prank.
A new Gallup poll reveals that 42% of parents are worried that the coronavirus is going to affect their child’s education. Other findings:
– 27% of parents say the school year should be extended into the Summer because of the coronavirus
– 11% of students, who are currently not in school, are not doing any type of home work at home.
Coronavirus May Make Weather Forecasts Less Accurate As Flights Canceled Across The World
The novel coronavirus pandemic has caused a freefall in air travel as people practice social distancing and follow orders to stay home. What you might not know is that fewer flights mean that weather predictions might get less accurate. The European Center for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting (ECMWF) recently said, “At ECMWF, aircraft reports are second only to satellite data in their impact on forecasts. However, recently added satellite wind observations will help mitigate the drop in the number of aircraft-based observations.” The issue is that one of the main sources of aircraft-based weather observations that is used in forecasts is the Aircraft Meteorological Data Relay Program (AMDAR) which uses sensors and communications systems from existing aircraft carrying travelers to collect, format and transmit data. One expert says the European AMDAR coverage will “be reduced by 65 percent or more over the coming month, which is currently expected to continue into the summer.”
Bored Hairdresser Recreates Famous Hairstyles On Boyfriend During Lockdown
Lots of people are bored in self isolation as the novel coronavirus pandemic rages on, but one hairdresser is really making the most of it. Heidi Lee Oley is from Atlanta, Georgia and was forced to close her salon due to he virus. She’s since taken to practicing hairstyles on her boyfriend, Geoff Clark. First she gave him a George Washington inspired look using a curling iron, and other looks include Princess Leia buns from Star Wars and an updo based on the late Amy Winehouse’s hair.
– The Washington Post says the Centers for Disease Control is considering ordering people to wear masks because of the coronavirus. The masks would be worn when people venture out in public.
– The NY Post says Walmart is checking the temperatures of workers before they start their shifts. Staffers, who have a temperature of 100 degrees or more are sent home for at least three days. Employees will still get paid for reporting to work even if they are told to leave
– CBS says the coronavirus has caused gas prices to dip. The national average for a gallon of gas is $1.50. GasBuddy says prices could drop to 70 cents a gallon.
– Business Insider says people in certain parts of the country are fishing and hunting because grocery stores are low on food due to the coronavirus. The website also claims people are dumpster diving in poor, rural areas because of a lack of food.
– Variety magazine says CNN anchor Chris Cuomo has the coronavirus. He will continue to host his nightly show while being quarantined at home
– Footwear News says Under Armour is now developing medical masks at their Baltimore factory. Face masks, face shields and specially equipped fanny packs are going to 28,000 healthcare providers.
– The Atlanta Journal Constitution claims The Gap is planning to furlough 80,000 workers because of the coronavirus
– The BBC says Canada has passed a $75 billion coronavirus stimulus package that calls for Canadians to receive $8,000 over the next four months. The money will go to people who have lost their jobs because of covid-19
– ABC says Panda Express is donating $2 million to buy masks and other supplies for coronavirus medical workers.
– BroBible says NFL owners have voted to expand their playoff format to 14-teams starting in 2020.
– KYKY says ketchup-flavored Doritos and Mountain Dew-flavored Doritos are being placed on sale for a limited time. The first batch has been shipped to Australia
– Brand Eating says Kellogg’s is going to be selling giant versions of Fruit Loops, Corn Pops and Apple Jacks. The new Jumbo Snax line will be available starting next month.
Man Survives World War II And Coronavirus: The NY Post says a tough-as-nails World War II veteran, named Bill Kelly, recently beat the coronavirus at age 95. The McMinnville, Oregon senior got sick on March 17th. He had a fever while also battling kidney disease, a congenital heart condition and high blood pressure. Kelly tested positive and was quarantined in a bedroom at home. He said, ”I survived the foxholes of Guam, I can get through this [coronavirus] bull—-‘.”
290 People Pay It Fwd At DQ: WDRB says over 300 people recently Paid It Forward at a Louisville, Kentucky Dairy Queen. A nurse started the Pay It Forward line when she told Dairy Queen staffers that she isn’t spending a lot of time with her family because she is caring for coronavirus patients. She paid for the meals of the three cars behind her because she wanted to make sure the families spent time together even if she couldn’t with hers. The DQ manager says 90 cars paid for the customers behind them. The next day, 200 people did the same thing.
Thank You Parade: WABC says hundreds of Long Island residents drove around Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffolk County, New York to show their support and appreciation for medical workers there. Drivers honked while passengers held signs that said ”Thank You”. A billboard truck also drove around with the slogan “We Are All In This Together”.
Couple Has Drive-By Wedding: WXIA says Madeline Haisten and John Orr, of Atlanta, recently had a drive-by wedding. Their regular wedding and reception was canceled due to the coronavirus so their reverend married them in a parking lot as 30 cars of friends and family drove by while throwing rice and kisses.The ceremony featured beautiful flowers and a chocolate wedding cake.
Billie Eilish has designed a coloring book to raise money for charity. The book has pictures of her from her music videos and album covers. Proceeds are going to benefit UNICEF and coronavirus charities. The coloring book costs $10 and is available on her website
DJ Khaled has purchased 10,000 masks and gloves for healthcare workers, who are battling the Coronavirus
Coronavirus Cocktail Survey
A new study by Nielsen reveals that sales of alcoholic beverages have risen by 55% in the last few weeks due to the coronavirus. Sales of tequila, gin and pre-mixed cocktails have jumped by 75% while wine has skyrocketed by 66%. Beer is up 42%
Jay Z has teamed up with Rihanna to donate to coronavirus relief efforts. The superstars have each donated $1 million — Jay Z via his Shawn Carter Foundation and Rihanna is giving back through her Clara Lionel Foundation. The Shawn Carter Foundation revealed in a statement that the donation will support undocumented workers, children of frontline healthcare workers and first responders, and incarcerated, elderly and homeless people in New York and Los Angeles.
According to Billboard, the money will also cover daycare, learning materials, food, and supplies for the children of healthcare workers and first responders. Additionally, they will provide learning materials for over 20,000 youth in shelters and virtual mental health support for parents.
Study: Working From Home Amid Coronavirus Pandemic Could Lead To Increased Job Satisfaction
It turns out you might be bonding more with your co-workers from a distance than you actually do in the office. Scientists from China found a link between social media activity between co-workers and their how satisfied they were with their jobs. They found that using social media strengthened the bonds between co-workers as it helped to break down workplace formalities and blur the boundaries of work and social life. Employees who are currently working from home and spend a lot of time socializing with their co-workers online might benefit from stronger friendships when they return to the office which in turn could increase work satisfaction.
Boss Accidentally Uses Potato Filter During Life Meeting And Can’t Turn It Off
As the novel coronavirus outbreak continues, people are being forced to work from home, which means more people are having to attending online meetings via video chat. This week, Lizet Ocampo, the Political Director at People For the American Way accidentally used a potato filter on her face during a video meeting and she couldn’t figure out how to turn it off. One of her employees got a screenshot of it, and shared it on Twitter where it quickly went viral. She captioned her photo, “My boss turned herself into a potato on our Microsoft teams meeting and can’t figure out how to turn the setting off, so she was just stuck like this the entire meeting.”
– A new coronavirus name game is trending online. Your quarantine name is the last thing you ate and your high school mascot
– A new Rasmussen Reports study reveals that 16% of people are buying more toilet paper because of the coronavirus. 82% of people say they are not. The rest are indifferent
– Business Insider says Burger King and Popeyes are protecting workers and customers by taking workers’ temperatures before their shifts start. Those, with a fever are being asked to self isolate because of the coronavirus
– E! News says Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds have donated $400,000 to the four hardest hit hospitals in New York by the coronavirus
– People magazine says Prince Charles is no longer in self isolation because of the coronavirus. He is in good health and recovering nicely
– The Frontier says Hobby Lobby has finally begun closing some of its stores because of the coronavirus. Some people are being terminated with emails.
– ABC says the high-end men’s clothing retailer Brooks Brothers is converting their clothing factories into mask factories. They plan to manufacture medical masks and gowns in order to help fight the coronavirus. Brooks Brothers says they can make 150,000 masks a day
– Reuters says Macy’s is planning to furlough 130,000 employees because of the coronavirus.
The NY Post says Skype usage has surged by 70% because of the Coronavirus
Lizzo purchased lunch for emergency room staffers at multiple hospitals. The singer wants them to be well-fed while battling the coronavirus. Her publicist says, “She sent several hospitals food that were hit really hard for staff working around the clock. She is planning to send food to more hospitals as well.”
Shaquille O’Neal says he is not friends with Netflix star Joe Exotic. A Netflix documentary, which has become popular while people quarantine from the coronavirus, alleges Exotic mistreated animals and attempted to have a rival tiger sanctuary owner killed.
Shaq says he visited Exotic’s sanctuary, but is not close with him. “I was just a visitor. I met this guy. Not my friend. Don’t know him. Never had any business dealings with him, and I had no idea any of that stuff was going on. People that know me know that I’m righteous. I don’t harm tigers. I love tigers. We found out that he’s involved with all the stuff, and then, actually, I stopped going.”
Jack Black has been posting dance videos while quarantining. His latest one shows him in cowboy boots, spandex, sunglasses and a cowboy hat
TMZ says studio filming on American Idol is not going to be possible due to the coronavirus. Producers sent an Email to the cast and crew that read, “As we continue to monitor advice from federal and local agencies, it seems unlikely we are going to be able to make it back into the studio for this season of American Idol. We will continue to monitor and provide updates should any changes occur.”
The show may go on with Luke, Katy and Lionel judging the singers from home.
Post Malone Staging Celebrity Beer Pong Tourney For COVID-19 Relief
Liam Payne Donates 360,000 Meals To Families In Need Amid Pandemic
One of Britney Spears’ most iconic moments is tied to Netflix’s hit Tiger King series.
The limited series introduces the world to some amazing characters – including Bhagavan “Doc” Antle, who helped Spears at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards. Britney performed her hit single “I’m a Slave 4 U” while holding a seven-foot albino Burmese python around her neck. There was an adult tiger behind her, handled by none other than Antle himself. An image of the singer and Antle has resurfaced and he can clearly be seen during the performance.
What is ‘Whipped Coffee’ And Why Is Everyone Drinking It During Self-Isolation?
Staying in social isolation can be boring, and it’s bad news if you’re addicted to getting Starbucks each day. As a result, whipped coffee is now taking over social media. It’s gone viral and is made with instant coffee, sugar, and hot water. The trend started in South Korea, but has been popularized in the U.S. by TikTok users. To make it, you mix equal parts (typically two tablespoons) coffee, sugar, and hot water. You must mix it in a bowl for around 20 minutes until the mixture forms peaks—you could also use a hand mixer to do this. Once the whipped coffee is thick and frothy you can add it to a glass filled with milk and ice and enjoy.
Crazy Snail Lady: Oddity Central says Londoner Pepper Apollo has been spending her time quarantining from the coronavirus by caring for her 150 pet snails. She says, “When, you’ve got 150 snails, that puts you into the crazy snail lady category. I started collecting snails about 10 years ago, I found some outside of work, then it kind of snowballed.”
New Quarantine Dating Site
The coronavirus has spawned a new dating site called Quarantine Together. At 6 p.m. each day, the dating app asks if you have washed your hands. If you answer yes, you are then connected to another user for a 15-minute chat. The chatters know nothing about each other except for their names.
Coronavirus Trending .. MEDICAL
– NBC says the FDA has approved a new coronavirus test that produces positive results in five minutes and negative results in 13. Abbott is making the test.
– The World Health Organization says 70,000 people per day are becoming infected with the coronavirus. That’s up 20,000 per day from last week.
– NPR says Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, says between 100,000 and 200,000 Americans could die from the coronavirus.
– Business Insider says uninsured Americans are paying an average of $73,000 for a six-day hospital stay due to the coronavirus. Around 27 million Americans currently have no insurance.
– The NY Post says Tennessee’s Department of Health is advising doctors to use diapers and swim goggles to cover their faces if they cannot find coronavirus masks.
– The Daily Mail claims some doctors, who are short on medical masks, are wearing clear, plastic food takeout containers with shower caps. It’s the only way they can protect themselves while treating coronavirus patients
– KGW says some firefighters are now wearing hazmat suits on emergency calls because of the coronavirus.
– Contact Music says designer Ralph Lauren is now making masks and gowns to help medical workers in their fight against the coronavirus.
– CBS says Amazon.com suspended the accounts of 4,000 sellers on Friday for coronavirus price gouging. One seller was caught hawking two boxes of Cheerios for $70.
– Adweek says Cottonelle is discouraging coronavirus toilet paper hoarding with a new campaign called #Share A Square
– The NY Post says Disney has closed their theme parks indefinitely because of the coronavirus
– A new survey by the dating site Shagbook reveals that 25% of people have had a hook up since the start of the coronavirus.
– Mediapost says the Detroit Auto Show has been canceled because the convention center is being converted to a hospital due to the coronavirus. The show was scheduled to take place in June
– CNN says the Harpur Hill, England police are dying their pristine lagoons black to discourage people from congregating and swimming during the coronavirus outbreak
– Politico says New Yorkers will be fined $500 if they break social distancing rules during the coronavirus outbreak.
Coronavirus Trending .. RESTAURANTS AND RETAIL
– The National Restaurant Association says 11% of restaurants may close for good because of the coronavirus
– Chew Boom says participating Taco Bells are giving away free Doritos Locos Tacos tomorrow. They are available through the drive-thru. No purchase is necessary
– Business Insider says the Cheesecake Factory is going to temporarily furlough 41,000 workers due to the coronavirus The workers will receive their benefits and insurance until June 1st.
Coronavirus Trending … Hollywood
– Business Insider claims Donald Trump allegedly called Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez to get their thoughts on the coronavirus and for advice on how to handle it. Rodriguez described the call as ‘pleasant.’
– TMZ says Kim Kardashian has donated $1 million to help families in need during the coronavirus
–Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have returned to Los Angeles following a two-week quarantine in Australia because of the coronavirus. Hanks posted, “Hey, Folks…We’re home now and, like the rest of America, we carry on with sheltering in place and social distancing, Many, many thanks to everyone in Australia who looked after us. Their care and guidance made possible our return to the USA. And many thanks to all of you who reached out with well wishes. Rita and I so appreciate it. Hanx.”
Simon Cowell has donated $1.6 million to battle the coronavirus.
Coronavirus Sales Figures
Newser says children’s book sales have skyrocketed by 234% since the coronavirus started. Wine sales have spiked by 27% while sales of spirits have jumped by 26%. New car sales dropped by 29% last week
Fake Stimulus Checks: WFLA says car and truck dealers are sending fake stimulus checks to Americans. The checks are signed by someone named “M. Taylor” and are in the amount of $3,344.68. The memo reads ‘covid-19 Auto Stimulus.’ The check is accompanied by a letter that says it’s time sensitive and must be spent immediately.
102 Year-Old Beats Coronavirus: Business Today says 102 year-old Italica Grondona has beaten the coronavirus in Genoa, Italy. She was hospitalized for 20 days and showed mild coronavirus symptoms. Italica likes spending her days listening to Freddie Mercury and Queen as well as watching Grand Prix racing
101 Year-Old Man Beats Coronavirus: Yahoo News says a 101 year-old Italian man has beaten the coronavirus. The man was released from the hospital late last week and is now symptom-free. He plans to return to his home in Rimini.
Billionaires Escaping Coronavirus On Yachts: Business Insider says billionaires are flocking to super yachts to escape the coronavirus pandemic. The billionaires believe the ships are more hygienic and more safe than being on land because they are able to socially distance better at sea. Some of the billionaires already own large yachts while others are renting them at a cost of $600,000 a week.
Man Sprays Business With COVID 19 Liquid: Law & Crime magazine says the Jacksonville, Florida police have arrested David Wright for spraying a business with a coronavirus spray. Witnesses say White walked up to the business’s entrance and started spraying a liquid out of a can labeled ‘COVID 19’. He then told staffers and customers that they were infected. The business was cleaned and sanitized. The FBI has charged White with threatening the use of a weapon of mass destruction.
Neighborhood Throws Socially Distant Birthday Party For 80 Year-Old: KIEM says a Eureka, California neighborhood recently held a birthday party for 80 year-old Betty Brennan. Neighbors held balloons and signs while singing Happy Birthday from a safe distance. Betty says her goal is to live to 89. One neighbor blared music on a loudspeaker while others hula hooped at the party
Couple Donates 400 Wedding Meals To Med Staffers: Naughty Gossip says Londoners Fiona and Adam Gordon had to cancel their large wedding because of the coronavirus. They had their catering company donate their 400 wedding meals to staffers at two local hospitals, who are battling the coronavirus. Fiona and Adam decided to marry in front of just two people.
Fiona tells The Independent Newspaper, “That would have been a lot to go to waste. The reaction we have had for doing this is absolutely amazing, but of course the real heroes here are the charity workers.”
the creators of the Baby Shark song have created a new coronavirus song called “Wash Your Hands With Baby Shark”. The ear splitting song encourages children to wash their hands and stay germ-free during the covid 19 outbreak.
Lyrics include …
“Wash your hands/doo doo doo doo doo/Wash your hands”
“Grab some soap/doo doo doo doo doo/Grab some soap”
WEEK OF MARCH 23-27
Coronavirus Trending– Raw Story says 837 New York City bars remain open even though Governor Andrew Cuomo has ordered a coronavirus shutdown
– ABC News says Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau does not want the U.S. government to put troops on the border to block Canadians from entering the U.S. during the coronavirus pandemic. He said, “Canada and the United States have the
longest un-militarized border in the world and it is very much in both of our interests for it to remain that way.”
– The NY Daily News says a three-week old baby from Long Island has tested positive for the coronavirus. The child is recuperating at home and is the youngest person in America to test positive.
– The Drudge Report says a record 3.3 million people have filed for unemployment because of the coronavirus.
– KSDK says Southwest Airlines will begin canceling 1,500 daily flights today due to the coronavirus
– WDTN says some Dayton, Ohio residents have caught police officers blaring the song ”Don’t Worry, Be Happy” from their squad cars as they patrol empty streets during the coronavirus outbreak.
– The NY Post says toilet paper cakes are selling out because of the coronavirus.Some bakeries are now selling cookies that have two dots of chocolate syrup for eyes and a white icing coronavirus mask
– Business Insider says the Nintendo Switch is sold out because of the coronavirus. People bought the game console when they knew they were going to be quarantined for several weeks
– Variety magazine says ”Jimmy Kimmel Live” is going to return to late night next week with guests Samuel L Jackson and Jennifer Aniston
Tucson.com says a Dunkin Donuts in Tucson, Arizona held a pajama party yesterday in their drive-thru. People were given free donuts when they ordered in their pajamas from their car. Dunkin wanted to reward customers for social distancing
– The Holland Sentinel says Lowe’s is hiring 30,000 people to meet increased demand because of the coronavirus. Employees will also receive $80 million in bonuses because of the pandemic
– WWL says New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is donating $5 million to fight the coronavirus in Louisiana. He says his money is going to buy 10,000 meals per day for those in need.
– NBC says the Indianapolis 500 has been postponed until August because of the coronavirus
– The Daily Herald says Fanatics, the company that makes Major League Baseball uniforms, has halted production on jerseys and is now making masks and gowns for coronavirus medical workers.
Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes are quarantining together. She is teaching him Spanish while he is teaching her how to play the guitar.
Taylor Swift is cooking for Joe Alwyn while they are quarantined
Bruno Mars has donated $1 million to the MGM Resorts Foundation. The money will go to help workers who have lost their jobs because of the coronavirus.
Jimmy Fallon says filming ”The Tonight Show” from his home is chaos because of his young kids. ”It’s chaos, controlled chaos. I’ve realised that I don’t have a quiet room in my house. Maybe I’ll have to do one episode from inside my bathroom and keep the door locked!”
Cardi B‘s coronavirus IG rant turned song by Brooklyn DJ iMarkkeyz, has made its official debut on the Billboard charts. “Coronavirus” entered Billboard’s Rap Digital Song Sales at no.9 and no. 13 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Song Sales charts. According to Billboard, the remixed “Coronavirus” received 626,000 U.S. on-demand streams and sold 3,000 copies in the week ending March 19.
Cardi and iMarkeeyz have announced plans to donate the “Coronavirus” proceeds to assist with relief efforts. iMarkeeyz told Variety, “We’re in the works of getting things situated financially as far as where proceeds are going. It’s confidential at the moment, but there’s a lot of great things to come with this.”
Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande are privately helping out fans who’ve found themselves in desperate financial straits due to the coronavirus outbreak, E! News and Page Six report.
Holly Turner, a freelance music photographer in New York City, posted on Tumblr about her fears of losing her apartment after her regular income dried up. “I have been working my entire life to be able to live in New York City and I thought that was going to be taken, and [Taylor Swift] saved that for me,” said Turner, who received $3,000 from the star.
Grande has also reportedly been gifting fans between $500 and $1,000. “She reached out and took care of my salary for the month,” one fan said.
– TMZ says WWE superstar Roman Reigns has pulled out of WrestleMania 36 because he is immune-compromised due to his cancer. He didn’t feel comfortable wrestling with the coronavirus spreading
– Business Insider says Lamborghini is recalling their 2020 Aventador because of faulty internal door handles that could trap people inside the car. The door handles were improperly installed at the factory
– The NY Daily News says legendary Harlem Globetrotters star Fred ‘Curly’ Neal has died at the age of 77.’
almart Forced To Toss All Of Their Strawberries Due To Gross Shopper: WSET says a Roanoke, Virginia Walmart recently had to toss all of their strawberries after a woman used her bare hands to open containers and move berries around to her liking. The woman was attempting pick out the best strawberries for herself. Someone videotaped her doing this with no protection on her hands.
New Test Produces Corona Results In 15 Minutes: The NY Daily News says the British government has developed a coronavirus home test that produces results within 15 minutes. The test is in its final approval stages. The government has ordered 3.5 million test kits
Neighbors Sing “Happy Birthday” To Quarantined Man: ABC says Los Angeles resident Hannah Chung recently surprised her fiance, Jason, by getting dozens of neighbors to sing “Happy Birthday” to him from their nearby apartments. Hannah wrote 76 invitations to their neighbors with a request to sing the song at a designated time. One couple wrote “Happy Birthday” on a giant banner hanging from their window.
Even with social distancing happening you’re allowed to go to the grocery store when you need to in order to pick up food—but what should you be getting? Rachel Pugh, the shopping editor of the U.K.’s Manchester Evening News, says if you’re planning to head out to grab “essentials” only you should consider four things: 1) Is it urgent?, 2) Will it significantly impact my quality of life or risk my health and well-being if I don’t have it?, 3) Is it available online?, and 4) Will I be putting others at risk by going to buy it? She says you should try to get everything you need in a week in one grocery trip—so make a meal plan beforehand. It can also be handy to make note of ingredient substitutions before heading out, as some things are unavailable. If you’re looking for a treat there are many restaurants and businesses offering free delivery right now, so don’t leave your house just because you have a hankering for pizza or a cocktail.
14 in new hanover..new (4) all travel related…not passed from another here…the question…who have they been around since they have been back!!!
Today would have been “OPENING DAY”.
LOTS OF LOGO CHANGES COMING TO NFL NEXT SEASON!!!
- Harry Styles POSTPONES his upcoming tour and encourages all to stay at home.
– The BBC says Prince Charles has tested positive for the coronavirus. Prince Charles last saw his mother on March 12th. The Queen appears to be in good health
– Footwear News says Nike is going to start making medical equipment and coronavirus face masks
– Uproxx says Bacardi Rum is now producing hand sanitizer at eight of its distilleries around the world.
– People magazine says the Boston Red Sox have changed their logo to promote social distancing. They have separated their two red socks
– TMZ says Conor McGregor has donated over $1 million in medical supplies to Ireland’s hospitals to help them fight the coronavirus.
Michael Jackson’s estate has donated $300,000 to coronavirus relief efforts. The money is going to help unemployed musicians and food banks
– The Pitch newspaper says quarantining beer lovers are joining beer chug Facebook groups before challenging one another to online drinking contests. Some beer lovers are adding cheesy, romantic songs to their videos.
Kathy Griffin may be suffering from the coronavirus. She posted, ”I was sent to the #COVID19 isolation ward room in a major hospital ER from a separate urgent care facility after showing UNBEARABLY PAINFUL symptoms. The hospital couldn’t test me for #coronavirus because of CDC restrictions. #TESTTESTTEST.”
Stimulus Package Details: The NY Daily News says it may take as long as four months for government stimulus checks to arrive in American hands. Couples that make less than $150,000 per year and single people, who make less than $75,000 a year, will receive a one-time check for $1,200. Each child will receive $500. Americans that have direct deposit with the IRS will receive their money within weeks
Adweek says the airline industry is getting a $50 billion bailout from Congress. Airline stock prices skyrocketed yesterday after the announcement
Free Crocs For Medical Workers: Footwear News says free Crocs are being given to healthcare workers. The clogmaker hopes to ship 10,000 pairs a day to medical workers in need.
Movie Theatre Owner Selling Popcorn To Pay Quarantined Employees: Variety magazine says Fairfax, Virginia movie theater owner Mark O’Meara is selling curbside popcorn to pay his employees. He had to close because of the coronavirus and is now selling concessions on his curb in order to pay his employees. Mark is averaging $400 a day and wants to continue to pay his student workers during the pandemic.
9 Year-Old Sending Positive Messages With Front Yard Signs: WFMY says nine-year-old Charlie Thompson, of Greensboro, North Carolina, is being hailed as a hero for posting positive messages in his front yard during the coronavirus outbreak. His signs read “There is a light in everybody” and “You are strong.” People are now driving by Charlie’s home on a daily basis just to see what his new signs say.
Coronavirus Trending .. Restaurants And Retail
– Business Insider says McDonald’s is cutting down its menu and is no longer going to serve breakfast all day due to the coronavirus. Mickey D’s is no longer going to serve salads, grilled chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders. McNuggets and McGriddles will still be available
– ABC says Walmart and Sam’s Club are installing sneeze guards to protect cashiers and workers from customers and coronavirus germs.
– WFRV says some supermarkets are asking shoppers not to bring reusable bags into stores because of possible coronavirus germs.
– Ad Age says The Gap is now making face masks for medical workers
– WKRG says participating Krispy Kreme donut shops are giving free donuts to healthcare workers beginning on Monday. The offer will last through May 12th
ABC says the CDC continues to find that coronavirus germs can live on surfaces for up to 17 days
– Business Insider says Amazon has booted 3,900 sellers for price gouging during the coronavirus crisis. Most of the sellers were overcharging for toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
– WIVT says the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo have been postponed due to the coronavirus. The games will take place at the earliest in 2021
– People magazine says Melania Trump has tested negative for the coronavirus
– Business Insider says more than 2,000 people have died because of the coronavirus in Spain. An ice rink in Madrid is being turned into a makeshift morgue to house all of the bodies
– Yahoo News says Russian President Vladimir Putin has been wearing a hazmat suit and respirator while visiting coronavirus patients in hospitals in Moscow.
– WBOY says the Girl Scouts have suspended cookie booth sales due to the coronavirus.
– The NY Post says poker players at a private club in London have been gambling with toilet paper rolls instead of poker chips.
Coronavirus Trending .. Restaurants And Retail
– WGN says some grocery stores are installing coronavirus sneeze guards at checkout stands so cashiers have less contact with customers
– WLBT says Waffle House has temporarily closed 365 U.S. restaurants because of the coronavirus. More than 1,500 Waffle Houses are still open
– Bestproducts.com says Costco is attempting to help people make it through the coronavirus quarantine with a four-pound walnut carrot cake. It sells for $15.98.
– Delish magazine says Wendy’s is giving out free junior size Frosty’s with drive-thru orders for a limited time
Coronavirus Trending .. Hollywood
– Mashable says Warner Brothers is delaying the release of ”Wonder Woman 1984” until August 14th due to the coronavirus. The film was originally scheduled to be released on June 5th
– Comingsoon.net says the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony has been rescheduled for Saturday, November 7th. It will air live for the first time on HBO and has been postponed due to the coronavirus
– Jeff Foxworthy has shaved his mustache for the first time in 40 years. He posted, “First time I’ve shaved my mustache in 40 years… clearly I’m bored in quarantine.”
– O Magazine says the Netflix dating show, “Love is Blind”, has been renewed for two more seasons
– Ace Showbiz says Heidi Klum has tested negative for the coronavirus and just has a bad cold.
Lady Gaga is delaying the release of her new album, Chromatica, due to the coronavirus
he Shawn Mendes Foundation has donated $175,000 to the Sick Kids Foundation. The money will go to purchase coronavirus equipment and supplies for sick children in Toronto.
Camila Cabello has postponed her tour due to the coronavirus
Arnold Schwarzenegger has donated $1 million to the Coronavirus Frontline Responders Fund. The fund supplies masks, gowns, gloves and other medical supplies to those battling the pandemic.’
Ryan Reynolds is donating proceeds from his Aviation Gin company to help out-of-work bartenders during the coronavirus outbreak. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are donating 30% of their online proceeds from their new Mezcal drink to bartenders.
WIVT says the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo have been postponed due to the coronavirus. The games will take place at the earliest in 2021
Hotel Offering Luxury Quarantine Package: The Seattle Times says the Swiss hotel chain Le Bijou is offering a luxury coronavirus quarantine package. It includes a coronavirus test, in-room doctor visits and around-the-clock nursing care. The hotel won’t say how much the package costs other than the coronavirus test is $500
Woman Trading Baked Goods For Coronavirus Toilet Paper: KABC says a Pasadena, California woman is trading baked goods for toilet paper. Brandy Frausto is unable to work due to fibromyalgia and seizures. She posted an urgent plea for toilet paper on the social networking site NextDoor before locals offered to help her. Donald Perry lives nearby and dropped off several rolls. He says, “So I’ve got a real nice plate of brownies headed my way. I don’t know when, but I’m looking forward to it. Yeah, so that’s really sweet.
Coronavirus Cougher Arrested: The Asbury Park Press says George Falcone, of Freehold Township, New Jersey, was recently arrested for coughing on a Wegmans grocery store employee. The employee asked Falcone to take a step back and socially distance because she was preparing food. He refused, leaned in, and coughed on her before telling her he had the coronavirus. Falcone was charged with making terroristic threats and harassment.
– NBC says nurses at Portland, Oregon hospitals are wearing swim goggles and swim masks as they treat coronavirus patients. Their medical facilities have run out of proper masks
– WWJ says local police departments are asking residents not to call 911 on people, who violate their state’s Stay Home Order due to the coronavirus
– WPLG says toilet paper sales have jumped by 213% because of the coronavirus.
– Uproxx magazine says fashion designers and fashion labels are producing hospital gowns and masks for coronavirus medical workers. Some of the houses have stopped producing designer clothing and started making medical wear for those on the frontlines of the pandemic.
– MarketWatch says some people are using dryer sheets as toilet paper because coronavirus panic buyers have emptied shelves of all of the TP
– The Washington Examiner says the Chula Vista, California police are using drones, equipped with cameras and loudspeakers, to make sure people quarantine inside their homes during the coronavirus outbreak.
– The Daily Star claims priests in Russia are dousing roads with holy water in an effort to fight off the coronavirus. Priests believe the water will stop the virus from spreading
– Yahoo News claims a man from Taiwan has been fined $33,000 for breaking the country’s quarantine rules. He was caught on the street trying to find a club to party at.
Coronavirus Trending .. Restaurants And Retail
– MarketWatch says 37 million American jobs could be lost due to the coronavirus
– Forbes Magazine says CVS and Dollar General are both hiring 50,000 workers because of the coronavirus. The extra workers are needed to meet customer demand during the pandemic
– Pizza Market Place says Papa John’s is hiring 20,000 workers because of the coronavirus. They are trying to keep up with customer demand as deliveries increase due to the pandemic
– Reddit says people are posting videos of Costco shoppers panic buying toilet paper. They are adding zombie sound effects to the videos while nicknaming the shoppers Toilet Paper Zombies.
– Business Insider says Costco is keeping their food sample servers employed during the coronavirus outbreak by having them clean stores after hours. They don rubber gloves and sanitize instead of handing out food samples
– Business Insider says Costco is giving employees an additional two dollars an hour because they are working during the coronavirus outbreak
– Footwear News says Jo-Ann Fabrics stores are giving away free pieces of fabric, elastic and other materials so customers can make face masks at home and then donate them to hospitals in need. The store has posted online tutorials on how to make a mask.
– Crain’s Chicago Business says a McDonald’s in Brazil separated its golden arches to stress social distancing due to the coronavirus
– Uproxx says Coors is giving $1 million to the United States Bartenders Guild to help bartenders, who have been financially crippled by the coronavirus.
– The Morning Call newspaper says the makers of marshmallow Peeps, Just Born Inc, has suspended production due to the coronavirus.
– The News Tribune says Spam is flying off store shelves as North Americans hoard more coronavirus supplies. A two-ounce serving has 16 grams of fat, 40 mg of cholesterol and 790 mg of sodium.
Coronavirus Trending .. Hollywood
– Ace Showbiz says Drew Carey has been tested for the coronavirus because he was high-fiving people during ”The Price is Right”. The show has been temporarily postponed due to the coronavirus.
Charles Barkley has tested negative for the coronavirus.He posted; “I’ve received my COVID-19 test results this morning and they are negative. I’d like to thank everyone for reaching out and expressing your concern and support. You all be safe and please take the necessary actions to help ensure your well-being.”
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are feeling better two weeks after contracting the coronavirus. He tweeted, “Hey, folks. Two weeks after our first symptoms and we feel better. Sheltering in place works like this: You don’t give it to anyone -You don’t get it from anyone. Common sense, no? Going to take awhile, but if we take care of each other, help where we can, and give up some comforts…this, too, shall pass. We can figure this out.”
95 Year-Old Granny Beats Coronavirus: The NY Post says a 95 year-old grandmother from Italy has successfully recovered from the coronavirus. Alma Corsini has been in the hospital since March 5th. She has returned to her nursing home with no symptoms.
Man Dies After Downing Fish Tank Cleaner To Ward Off Coronavirus: The Daily Mail claims a man from Arizona recently died after downing fish-tank cleaner because he thought it was the malaria drug that Donald Trump has been mentioning as a possible coronavirus cure. The man and his wife took chloroquine phosphate before he died and she got sick. The couple confused the chemical with the malaria drug Hydroxychloroquine.
Fake Coronavirus Victim Arrested After Coughing On Officers: WMAQ says the Chicago Police recently arrested Anthony Ponzi after he said he was infected with the coronavirus and then coughed on two officers. The 21 year-old was involved in a crash before attacking the other driver. When cops arrived, he coughed on them. Ponzi later admitted that he is not infected. Officers charged him with resisting arrest, battery and a DUI.
Drug Dealers Now Selling Coronavirus Hand Sanitizer: The Sun says drug dealers are now selling narcotics AND hand sanitizer. They’ve inflated the price of the sanitizer by as much as 10 times and are offering home delivery in some cities. The dealers reportedly got the idea for hand sanitizer sales after watching parody videos on YouTube of people selling toilet paper instead of drugs
Man Creates Coronavirus Safety Pod: The Daily Mail claims a father from China has invented a coronavirus safety pod for his baby son. The see-through pod has an air purifier and a monitor that detects air quality. Bai Yang says he got the idea for the pod from the video game Death Stranding. He is hoping to mass-produce his pod so other parents can use it for their children. ”It’s very inconvenient when you need to take your child to places that don’t have fresh air, for example, the hospital. Because babies have a weaker respiratory system, wearing a mask could likely cause a lack of oxygen for them. I feel very proud that people approve my design, like I’ve turned something from the virtual world into real life.”
– Mediapost says Charmin’s Pennsylvania plant is going to remain open during the coronavirus crisis so they can produce as much toilet paper as they can
– Newser says Donald Trump is sending the National Guard to New York, California and Washington to help battle the coronavirus. The Guard will distribute supplies and help in other ways
– Raw Story says Vice President Mike Pence has tested negative for the Coronavirus
– The Daily Mail claims Donald Trump had to close his Mar-A-Lago resort and then fire staffers because of the coronavirus.
– Variety magazine says Facebook has donated 700,000 masks to coronavirus health workers. They are working to get at least a million more respiratory masks.
– ABC says the IRS tax filing deadline has been moved from April 15th to July 15th because of the coronavirus
– The NY Post says Apple has updated Siri so she can answer questions about the coronavirus. Most of her advice involves staying home and avoiding others
– WZTV says gas has fallen to below 99 cents a gallon in Kentucky because of the coronavirus
– Newser claims 15 college students, who partied last week in South Florida on Spring Break, have tested positive for the coronavirus. The students are from the University of Tampa and University of Florida
– Fox News says some colleges are now canceling their spring graduation ceremonies because of the coronavirus.
– The Review Times says the National Spelling Bee has been canceled because of the coronavirus
– Entertainment Tonight says Buckingham Palace has stopped their famous Changing of the Guard ceremony because of the coronavirus
– ABC says the XFL has officially canceled their season because of the coronavirus
– The National newspaper says people in Turkey are trying to fight off the coronavirus by eating sheep’s head soup and gargling with vinegar. Neither have been shown effective in preventing or curing the virus
– The NY Daily News says Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert has lost his sense of smell because of the coronavirus
Coronavirus Trending .. Restaurants And Retail
– Brobible says Costco is refusing to accept returns for unused toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing wipes, water and Lysol.
– Business Insider says between five and seven million U.S. restaurant workers could lose their jobs in the next 90 days because of the coronavirus.
– Hobby Lobby Staying Open: Business Insider says Hobby Lobby is going to continue to stay open during the coronavirus outbreak. The company’s founder, David Green, reportedly wrote, “While we do not know for certain what the future holds, or how long this disruption will last, we can all rest in knowing that God is in control.”
– Travel and Leisure magazine says one million jobs a day worldwide are being lost due to the coronavirus.
– The NY Post says the makers of Budweiser, Anheuser-Busch, are now using their breweries to make hand sanitizer in order to fight the coronavirus.
– Contact Music says Victoria’s Secret is temporarily closing their stores because of the coronavirus.
– Footwear News says Shoe Carnival is temporarily closing their stores because of the coronavirus
– Hello Magazine says bakeries are experiencing a sales boom because of the coronavirus. People are ordering ‘self-isolation’ cakes for themselves and others.
– Tech Spot says GameStop stores are no longer allowing customers inside showrooms. They are now only allowing curbside pickup.
– ABC says Bed Bath & Beyond is temporarily closing all of their stores because of the coronavirus
Coronavirus Trending .. Hollywood
– Rihanna is donating $5 million to help coronavirus relief efforts
–Drake has tested negative for the coronavirus. He spent time with Kevin Durant before Durant tested positive for the virus
-Justin and Hailey Bieber are treating their coronavirus quarantine in Canada like a honeymoon.
-Bravo’s Andy Cohen has the coronavirus.
– Naughty Gossip says View co-host Meghan McCain is pregnant. She is going into isolation due to the coronavirus
– Contact Music says Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet has donated 200,000 meals to a Kansas City food bank. He is trying to help those in need during the coronavirus outbreak.
– Deadline Hollywood says film producer Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for the coronavirus while in jail. He is now in isolation
– ABC says opera singer Placido Domingo has tested positive for the Coronavirus
– TMZ says the Chippendales dancers in Las Vegas are posting workout videos so people, who are quarantined, can stay in shape
– Showbiz411 says Rosie O’Donnell brought back her talk show last night on YouTube to raise money for actors in need during the coronavirus outbreak. She donated $100,000 and then raised another $400,000 from viewers. Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker and Barry Manilow, among others, appeared
Toilet Paper Calculator: ABC says a toilet paper calculator has been posted online so people know how many rolls to buy while quarantining from the coronavirus. Users enter how many toilet paper rolls they have and then, how many times they visit the bathroom on a daily basis. The calculator then tells you how many rolls you need.
You can access the calculator by Googling “How Much Toilet Paper” Website
7 Month-Old Has Coronavirus: WACH says a Camden, South Carolina 7 month-old has tested positive for the coronavirus. Emmett Doster woke up from a nap with a fever before his mother rushed him to urgent care where he tested positive for covid 19. Emmett is now recovering.
New Coronavirus Test Gives Results In 45 Minutes: People magazine says the FDA has approved a fast coronavirus test that gives results in 45 minutes. The test will be shipped to doctors and hospitals next week. It does not require any special training and was developed by a molecular diagnostics company called Cepheid.
The White House says 27 million coronavirus test kits will be in the hands of medical professionals by the end of March
The Daily Star says Spain’s government is planning to test 80,000 residents a day with robots. The government released a statement saying, “A plan to automate tests through robots has been already designed, and Spain has committed to buying four robots that will allow us to execute 80,000 tests per day.”
Second Dog Gets Coronavirus: MarketWatch says a second dog from Hong Kong has tested positive for the coronavirus. Health officials are asking people to stop kissing their pets. The dog’s owner is infected with the coronavirus. The German Shepherd is now being quarantined as is another dog from the house.
Chicago Restaraunt Offering Pay-What-You-Can Meal Kit: WMAQ says a Chicago restaurant is offering a pay-what-you-can meal kit to restaurant workers because of the coronavirus. Abraham Conlon and Adrian Lo, the co-owners of Fat Rice, say their goal is to help others in the restaurant industry. “At the core of this mission, we hope to encourage communities to stay at home and self-quarantine for as long as possible by providing these take-home kits to supplement food supplies by approximately 3 days.”
WEEK OF MARCH 16-20
– The Courier-Journal newspaper says Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut are closing their dining rooms due to the coronavirus. They will now serve customers through their drive-thru windows
– Nation’s Restaurant News says Domino’s Pizza is hiring 10,000 people to meet the increased delivery demand they are experiencing because of the coronavirus outbreak.
– Retail Dive says temporary coronavirus closures could wipe out 50% of retailers’ annual profits
– Business Insider says Victoria’s Secret is shutting down its online store in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus. The company still plans to pay their employees while they are closed.
– Your Central Valley says Forever 21 stores are temporarily closing because of the coronavirus
– Footwear News says TJ Maxx stores are temporarily closing because of the coronavirus
– WFRV says Kohl’s and Old Navy stores are temporarily closing due to the coronavirus.
– Business Insider says Amazon’s Prime Pantry service has been temporarily closed because of high demand due to the coronavirus outbreak. The service is no longer accepting new orders and is currently restocking
Ebola Drug May Cure Coronavirus: The Daily Mail claims a 79 year-old man from Italy has recovered from the coronavirus. He was given an experimental Ebola drug before his symptoms quickly disappeared and he went home after 12 days in the hospital. Other coronavirus victims are also responding positively to the antiviral medication.
Baristas Want Starbucks To Close Because Of Coronavirus: The NY Post says Starbucks baristas and managers are signing a new petition to get the coffee cafe to close due to the coronavirus. The co-worker.org petition reads, “Most Starbucks locations are strategically placed near hospitals and schools/universities. Although most schools have closed, most hospitals have not, and will not close. While Starbucks has put new policies into play, that doesn’t mitigate the entire risk of catching the virus. Pretty much, the company is exposing their workers to unsafe conditions while everyone above a certain pay grade is protected. If Apple can shut down for two weeks, so can Starbucks. Make the responsible choice and shut the doors, Starbucks.”
Grocery Store Doesn’t Want Workers In Gloves Because They Don’t Look Good:Raw Story says Trader Joe’s grocery stores are allegedly not allowing workers to wear gloves because they don’t look good. The store says hand washing is more sanitary than wearing gloves. The Coalition for a Trader’s Joe Union says customers prefer employees in gloves at the moment due to the coronavirus outbreak
Thief Steals 18,000 Pounds Of Toilet Paper: WFMY says a coronavirus toilet paper shortage may have been averted in Whiteset, North Carolina after Sheriff’s found a stolen truck with 18,000 pounds of toilet paper in it. Sheriff’s began following the driver because he was violating several laws. When the driver arrived at a warehouse, cops moved in and determined the truck was stolen. They opened the back and found 18,000 pounds of stolen toilet paper. The investigation is ongoing.
Scam Artist Offering Door-To-Door Coronavirus Testing: WUSA says the Bowie, Maryland police are looking for a scam artist, who has been going door-to-door offering coronavirus testing. Homeowners refuse to allow the man inside. He was wearing a hoodie, an orange vest and a surgical mask. One resident’s dog chased the man off.
Quarantining Man Runs Marathon On Balcony: The NY Daily News says a marathon runner from France recently ran a 26-mile marathon on his apartment balcony. Elisha Nochomovitz was furloughed from his restaurant job so he decided to run an entire marathon on his balcony while self quarantining from the coronavirus. It took him six hours and 48 minutes to complete the race. He did 6,000 laps around his 22-foot terrace
Man Pays For Coffee With Toilet Paper: SWNS News says a man from Dubai recently paid for his morning coffee with toilet paper. He ripped off five squares before giving them to his favorite barista. The coffee cafe is now accepting cash, credit and toilet paper due to the coronavirus
Travelers Stealing Toilet Paper From Rest Stops: WJW says Nebraska rest stops are closing their bathrooms because travelers are stealing toilet paper from them due to the coronavirus. Parking lots will remain open. Rest areas will be closed when attendants are not present.
Coronavirus Trending ..
– The NY Post says Dr. Oz’s talk show has been halted because a staffer has tested positive for the coronavirus.
– Variety magazine says Tyra Banks has postponed the opening of her Modelland Theme Park because of the coronavirus. It will open at a later date
Drake has quarantined himself at his Toronto homebecause he was hanging with Kevin Durant before Kevin announced he had the coronavirus
Business Insider says McDonald’s is telling franchisees to stop locking bathrooms to prevent toilet paper theft. Franchisees say customers are stealing their toilet paper and soap because of the coronavirus.
– People magazine says the Cheesecake Factory is trying to boost business during the coronavirus outbreak by giving away free cheesecake slices with carryout orders. The company says, ”We thought a complimentary slice of cheesecake would provide our guests with some happiness during this time of uncertainty.”
– Nasdaq says The Gap and Tiffany & Company have temporarily shut down because of the coronavirus
– Narcity magazine says San Antonio residents are flocking to a restaurant, called The Order Up, because they are serving the ultimate coronavirus comfort food.Their Nutella French fries cost $4.50 and have become a hot seller. The warm fries are drenched
– The NY Post says Libby’s Southern Comfort Restaurant, in Covington, Kentucky, is giving out a free roll of toilet paper with each order. Their carryout business is exploding because of their offer.
WAFB says Walmart is going to begin offering a senior citizen shopping hour every Tuesday before their stores open. This will allow the elderly to shop in peace and avoid crazed coronavirus panic buyers. Walmart is planning to close its auto centers and enforce limits on the purchases of milk, eggs, baby products, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer and certain foods
– The Telegraph claims Oxford University has developed a 30-minute coronavirus test. The test is three times faster than the current method
– Challenger Gray & Christmas says 7.4 million restaurant workers are going to lose their jobs because of the coronavirus.
– Business Insider says GM, Ford and Fiat-Chrysler are shutting down their U.S. factories due to the coronavirus. Most of the closings will last for several weeks.
– Gent Side magazine says sales of condoms and lingerie have skyrocketed since people started quarantining because of the coronavirus. Hospitals expect a baby boom nine months from now.
– NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says the NBA is considering holding a charity game because fans need a diversion.
– The NY Daily News says soccer players are taking part in a new coronavirus Internet challenge. They are bouncing a ball or roll of toilet paper on their feet and thighs while washing their hands for 20 seconds or more.
Coronavirus Sends Sales Of Hershey’s Chocolate Skyrocketing
Business Insider says Hershey’s chocolate will most likely see a giant jump in sales due to the coronavirus. People ate large amounts of comfort food and Hershey’s during the recession between 2008 and 2010. Stock market analysts say the same thing may happen now with the coronavirus.
People tweet about comfort eating during the coronavirus outbreak …
‘Quarantine 15 is the new freshman 15’
‘Gaining the COVID 19 is real.’
‘Me in my room eating all my quarantine snacks that should last a month in 2 days’
‘Resisting the urge to eat every 15 minutes is remarkably difficult while under quarantine’
A new survey by Wallethub reveals that 67 million Americans think they will have trouble paying their credit card bills because of the coronavirus. Other findings:
– the coronavirus is currently the top stressor in America
– 158 million Americans are saving rather than spending during the coronavirus.
– women are spending less on travel while men are spending less on entertainment, concerts, sports and movies
– 94 million Americans have cancelled travel plans due to the coronavirus
Church Offering Drive-Thru Confessional Because Of Coronavirus: The NY Post says a Bowie, Maryland parish is offering a drive-thru confessional. Father Scott Holmer tells the paper that people can confess from their car. “We’re flying by the seat of our pants here, just trying to figure out how to do this. We priests have to be creative about how to bring Christ to people when we can’t do that in our church buildings. We need to bring Christ to people now, to bring Him to others in a safe way that won’t increase infection. That little car becomes the little confessional seat.”
Quaratined Men Play Tennis From Separate Apartment Windows: India Today says two quarantined Italian men went viral yesterday after they posted a video of themselves playing tennis outside of their fifth floor apartment windows. The men opened their windows before one threw the other a tennis racket. They then filmed themselves volleying back and forth for several minutes. Their longest volley lasted 24 seconds
– Nation’s Restaurant News says Dunkin Donuts is removing tables and chairs from its stores because of the coronavirus. They are encouraging drive-thru ordering and walk up service because of the outbreak
– Mashable says Apple retail stores are now closed until further notice due to the coronavirus.
– WFMZ says Sephora is closing all of their North American stores because of the coronavirus.
– WSVN says Foot Locker is closing all of its stores through the end of March because of the coronavirus
– WAVY says Bath & Body Works is closing all of their North American stores because of the coronavirus
– WKRG says the Zaxby’s restaurant chain is moving to drive-thru only because of the coronavirus
– Business Insider says Adidas is closing all of its U.S. stores because of the coronavirus
– USA Today says Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s are temporarily closing because of the coronavirus
– The Centers for Disease Control says funerals should be limited to a small number of mourners and then streamed online to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
– Business Insider says closing every school in America because of the coronavirus is going to cost the U.S. economy $51 billion a month. That includes the cost of parents missing work, reducing the labor force and other losses
– Deadline Hollywood says production on the Avatar sequels in New Zealand have been suspended because of the coronavirus.
– The NY Post says Emma Stone and Dave McCary have postponed their wedding due to the coronavirus.
– The Daily Mail claims Israel has banned people from leaving their homes for non-essential reasons because of the coronavirus.
Toilet Paper Orders Have Doubled Because Of Coronavirus: ABC says toilet paper manufacturers are now working around the clock to produce as much toilet paper as possible because of the coronavirus. Georgia-Pacific, the makers of Angel Soft and Quilted Northern toilet paper, say orders from retailers have doubled since the coronavirus reached the United States. The company says they are shipping out 20% more toilet paper than normal.
Charmin says they are producing toilet paper at record levels. “We understand how frustrating this is, and we want you to know we take our responsibility to our consumers very seriously. We are producing and shipping Charmin at record high levels, and working diligently to get product to our retailers as fast as humanly possible so everyone can #EnjoyTheGo! In the meantime, if you would like to get in touch or have any questions, please send us a message. Thanks so much for your loyalty and patience.”
The Daily Mail says sales of toilet paper have increased by 1000% on Amazon.com
Disney Donating Food During Pandemic: People magazine says Disneyland shut down over the weekend due to the coronavirus. They are donating their leftover food to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County. Disney says, “While closely following food safety guidelines, excess inventory of dairy, fruit, vegetables, packaged goods and banquet meals is being donated to Second Harvest Food Bank, whose mission is to end hunger in Orange County”
New Coronavirus Scam: The Daily Mail claims scam artists are posing as personal shoppers in order to steal money from the elderly. Elderly people are being encouraged to stay home because of the coronavirus. The scam artists are offering to do their shopping for them. They steal their cash and never return with their groceries.
Health Clubs Hiring Decontamination Companies: The Centers for Disease Control is urging people to avoid health clubs because of the coronavirus. WSVN says some health clubs are hiring decontamination companies to disinfect their equipment and surroundings. The health club owners are hoping the move keeps members from canceling their memberships during the outbreak.
Uber Suspending Shared Rides Because Of Coronavirus: TechCrunch says Uber is suspending shared rides in North America to help limit the spread of the coronavirus. The company released a statement saying, “Our goal is to help flatten the curve on community spread in the cities we serve through suspension of the service.”
-Senator Mitt Romney proposed a plan yesterday to send a $1,000 check to every American adult during the Coronavirus outbreak. The proposal is aimed at increasing spending during the crisis.
-Amazon.com is hiring 1,000 warehouse workers and increasing pay because of the coronavirus. Workers will receive a two-dollar-an-hour pay raise
-McDonald’s is closing all company-owned dining rooms and PlayPlaces because of the coronavirus. Restaurants will continue to serve through drive-thru windows, walk in and delivery
-Dollar General plans to dedicate the first hour of every business day to senior citizens starting tomorrow. They want them to be able to shop in peace and without having to deal with panic buyers because of the coronavirus
-Planet Fitness is offering free, in-home workouts during the coronavirus crisis. The free workouts are being streamed on the company’s Facebook page
-Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have been released from the hospital, but are still being quarantined in Australia for the coronavirus.
-Ireland is closing all of its pubs on St Patrick’s Day because of the coronavirus.
-Canada is closing their border to all travelers, who are not citizens or permanent residents due to the coronavirus.
-Kentucky Derby has been postponed until September because of the coronavirus
-the NFL plans to televise their draft on April 23rd through the 25th in Las Vegas. No fans will be allowed at the draft.
-the WWE is moving WrestleMania from Tampa to Orlando. The show is going to be streamed live on the WWE Network and on pay-per-view. The show will take place at the WWE’s training facility with no fans
Bebe Rexha has lost a friend to the coronavirus. She posted, “This is NOT A JOKE. A friend of a friend just died of corona[virus] at the age of 45. STAY INSIDE YOUR HOUSE AND DO YOUR CIVIC DUTY. PLEASE.”
Artists like John Mayer and Coldplay hosting live stream concerts on their social medias
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds have donated $1 million to help the elderly and low-income families during the coronavirus outbreak.
Hilary Duff recently slammed her fellow millennials for not acting responsibly during the Coronavirus outbreak. She Instagrammed, “‘To all you young millennial a****** that keep going out partying: go home! Stop killing old people please.”