Live Free on Z 2017
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY:The Live Free on Z Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal U.S. and North Carolina residents who reside or work within the Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, and Pender counties and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.Prizes are non-transferable. Employees of Camden Forest, WAZO-FM, Sunrise Broadcasting LLC or Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Contest Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed. Winner must meet credit eligibility requirements described below and may require a co-signer/guarantor to accept the apartment prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, contestants agree to comply with all applicable laws, these Official Rules, and all decisions made by the Sponsors. Entry period will begin Monday, May 1, 2017 at 6:00am and end Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5pm.
There are two methods to become a Qualifier:
Method 1: Participants may listen to WAZO (Z1075) each weekday from 6am to 7pm during the Contest Period for an opportunity to call for a chance to become a Qualifier for the Contest. Multiple times each weekday, a series of 3 songs identified on the air as the “Big 3” will be the cue to call at the end of the 3rd song in a row. The 7th person to call after the 3rd song starts playing will be given an opportunity to identify all 3 songs with title and artist. If the 7th person can correctly do so, he/she, if eligible, will become a Qualifier for the Contest. There will be up to 97 Qualifiers selected through this method.
Method 2: All eligible participants are also able to enter during the Contest Period through a registration box at Camden Forest from May 1st - May 26th, during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, at 206 Cedar Branch Lane, Wilmington, NC 28403. On May 26th, 2017, 10 people will be randomly selected as Qualifiers from among the eligible entrants from the registration box at Camden Forest at the end of business hours. Sponsors will attempt to notify Qualifiers prior to the Giveaway Event.
A maximum of 107 Qualifiers will be selected. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted. The qualification entry period for the cue to call method ends after the last cue to call is aired on May 26th, 2017. The qualification entry period for all other methods ends at 6:00 pm on May 26th, 2017. Participants may enter through the registration box only one time and may qualify through on-air only one time. Entrants entering by phone will be charged standard phone call rates for calls according to the terms and conditions in their calling plan. Wireless services are not available in all areas.
4. HOW TO WIN: All eligible Qualifiers will be offered an opportunity to attend the Live Free On Z giveaway event on June 3, 2017 from 12noon until 2pm at Camden Forest in Wilmington, North Carolina (“Giveaway Event”).
Sponsors will attempt to contact Qualifiers prior to the Giveaway Event to remind them of the time and location of the Giveaway Event and that they must check in at the event. The Giveaway Event will be held rain or shine, in the sole discretion of WAZO. WAZO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, postpone, delay, or reschedule the Giveaway Event, in whole or in part, for weather-related reasons or for any other condition that so merits for reasons relating to health or safety, in WAZO’s sole discretion. The decision to cancel, postpone, delay, reschedule, or continue the Giveaway Event is discretionary and final. Qualifiers must be present to win. Stand-ins are not permitted. Qualifiers must sign in at Camden Forest starting at 12 noon and be signed in no later than 1:00pm on 6/3/17. There will be registration slips made out in the name of each eligible Qualifier; when each Qualifier checks in, his/her registration slip will be placed into the raffle box. The Giveaway Event is expected to begin at around 1:00pm, but may be delayed due to weather or other conditions. All Qualifiers that have signed in on time will have their names placed in a receptacle from which a reverse raffle will be conducted to “eliminate” all but 10 Qualifiers. During the reverse raffle, Sponsors will randomly draw registration slips from the raffle box, and if your name is called, you are eliminated from the giveaway and cannot win. After the reverse raffle, each of the remaining 10 Qualifiers will be given a key. The person with the key that opens the apartment will be the Grand Prize Winner.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be offered the following prizes:
- Live 1 year rent-free in a 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Full Furnished Apartment at Camden Forest, Wilmington, NC. (ARV: $17, 520)
- Groceries from Food Lion (ARV: $500)
- Nature’s Twist Products from Pepsi (ARV: $100)
- 1 Year of Tanning from Sun Tan City (ARV: $800)
- Moving Services and boxes from Two Men & A Truck (ARV: $1,500)
- 1 Year of Car Maintenance from Pat’s Auto Service Center (ARV: $870)
- 1 Free Phone Service from Cricket (ARV: Up to $200)
- Free Movie Tickets (24 tickets) From Stone Theatre ($75)
- 2 New Patient Teeth Cleaning (ARV:$586) and Sonicare (ARV: $150)
6. ODDS: Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the cue to call method (Method 1) depend on the number of listeners participating and the order in which calls are received. Due to the time delay that exists between WAZO’s over-the-air signal and WAZO’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the WAZO online signal may hear the “sounder” later than listeners listening to the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener becoming a Qualifier may be diminished.
Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the registration box (Method 2) depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Prizes must be redeemed within 12 months of receipt unless otherwise specified above. All charges, fees and costs not specifically included in the prize description, including but not limited to personal incidental items, taxes, souvenirs, tips, and delivery, are the responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prizes. Winner may not exchange prizes or redeem them for cash. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., assume no liability or responsibility in connection with the use of any prize awarded hereunder nor in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event that any scheduled prize becomes unavailable.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsors to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, and offline), the Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
8. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules. By entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNER AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event selected Winner of the Prize is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if such selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may select an alternate Winner (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes and a 1099 will be issued. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner.
The Grand Prize Winner must submit to and pass a mandatory background/credit check to be conducted by Camden Forest in order to win the 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment prize described below. If the Grand Prize Winner does not pass the background/credit check, as judged in the sole discretion of Camden Forest, or refuses the background/credit check, then the Grand Prize Winner forfeits the 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment prize but will win all the other prizes.
9. QUALIFYING CRITERIA:
Please be advised that our management company reserves the right to require a cosigner/guarantor, additional deposit, or deny residency. Each applicant who is a full time student should have a cosigner/guarantor to financially guarantee their leases. The application process includes income in the amount of at least 3.0 times the monthly rent, a credit report obtained on the applicant and/or cosigner/guarantor and a criminal history report obtained on the applicant. Details regarding the verification process are as follows:
Credit History: A credit check will be processed through RealPage or On-Site on each cosigner/guarantor to verify account credit ratings. The information provided on the application will be put into a scoring model to determine cosigner eligibility to qualify and amount necessary for security deposit. Unfavorable accounts which will negatively influence this score include, but are not limited to rent/income ratio, collections, judgments, bankruptcy, foreclosures, charge-off, repossession and current delinquency.
RealPage Proprietary Scoring Model: 625 and higher meets the credit criteria set. 624 to 451 is a pass. 450 and below are automatic denial unless the candidate can have a co-signer.
On-Site Online Leasing Model: 7 or higher meets the credit criteria set. 5.0-6.9 is a conditional acceptance. 4.9 and below are automatic denial.
Criminal History: A search will be conducted for each applicant's criminal history. Applicant information will be entered into a scoring model to determine eligibility. Failure to meet the RealPage or On-Site guidelines will result in automatic denial.
Occupancy: Due to the limited square footage of the bedrooms in, and the dormitory style configuration of, our rental units, we generally limit the occupancy of a private room with a single bed in an apartment unit to one student resident and an apartment unit with two private bedrooms each containing a single bed to two student residents. We will consider requests for exemptions from these occupancy standards as necessary to comply with Fair Housing laws, such as, for example, when a resident is the parent or legal custodian of minor children of when the condition of a disabled resident requires a live-in aide. A student parent who wishes to reside with a single minor child will be placed in a private bed room with a single bed. A student parent who subsequently has a second child may continue to resident in a private bedroom with a single bed room only if net livable space allows, but in no event, later than the time the second child reaches the age of 24 months. A student parent with two to four children over the age of 24 months will be placed in a unit with two private bedrooms and is required to lease each bedroom.
D.P. Preiss Company LLC is an Equal Opportunity Housing Provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, familial status, sex, religion, or disability.
Those Qualifying On Their Own: In the event that an applicant is unable to obtain a cosigner/guarantor, a credit check will be processed through Realpage or On-Site and applicant must meet all standards as described above, except income, which must be provided by applicant in the amount of at least twice the monthly rent. A search will be conducted for each applicant's criminal history. Scoring model will be the same as described above in Criminal History section. Applicant will also have to provide proof of employment by verification of paychecks stubs. Rental history can have no more than 1 late rent or 1 NSF in a 6 month period. If evictions have been filed, applicant will be denied.
10. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website; and (iii) are not responsible for any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.z1075.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Live Free on Z 2017 Rules, 25 N Kerr Ave, Wilmington NC 28405. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope within sixty (60) days of the drawing to Live Free on Z 2017 Giveaway Winner’s List, 25 N Kerr Ave Wilmington, NC 28405.
12. SPONSORS: Sunrise Broadcasting, LLC, Camden Forest (206 Cedar Branch Lane, Wilmington, NC 28403)