UNLOCK Z BOX 2018
WAZO Z107.5 & PAT’S AUTO CENTER
RULES & REGULATION
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest. WAZO-FM and Pat’s Auto Service Center (“Sponsors”) are the sponsors of this Unlock Z Box Contest (“Contest”).
2. HOW TO ENTER & BECOME A QUALIFIER: The Contest entry period begins January 8, 2018 at 6:00am and ends January 22, 2018 at 6:00pm (“Contest Period”). All times referred to within are Eastern Standard Time.
There are two methods to become a Qualifier:
Method 1: Eligible participants may listen to WAZO (Z107.5) during the Contest Period from 6:00am to 10:00pm, Monday through Friday and 10:00am until 6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday. Be the 7th person get through the studio line by calling 910-251-1075 when you hear the cue to call and you will be qualified to win the Grand Prize of $1,500 in cash from Pat’s Auto Service Center. There will be one hundred (100) Qualifiers selected through this methodology.
Method 2: Participants may Log In To Win on the Pat’s Auto Service Center website. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted. The qualification entry period for all methods ends at 6:00 pm on January 19, 2018.
3. HOW TO WIN: All eligible Qualifiers will be offered an opportunity to attend the Unlock Z Box giveaway event on January 27, 2018 at Pat’s Auto Service Center in Wilmington, North Carolina (“Giveaway Event”) from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm. Sponsors will attempt to contact Qualifiers prior to the Giveaway Event to remind them of the time and location of the Giveaway Event by email or phone if no email address is available. The Giveaway Event will be held rain or shine, by the sole discretion of WAZO. WAZO reserves the right, by its sole discretion, to cancel, postpone, delay, or reschedule the Giveaway Event, in whole or in part, for weather-related reasons or for any other condition that so merits for reasons relating to health or safety, in WAZO’s sole discretion. WAZO’s decision to cancel, postpone, delay, reschedule, or continue the Giveaway Event is discretionary and final. Qualifiers must be present to win. Stand-ins are not permitted. Qualifiers must sign in at Pat’s Auto Service starting at 12:00pm and be signed in no later than 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time on January 27, 2018. When a qualifier checks in they will be given a raffle ticket and WAZO staff will retain the raffle ticket with the corresponding number and it will be placed in a registration box for a drawing. The Giveaway Event is expected to begin at around 1:15pm but may be delayed due to weather or other conditions. After all qualifiers have been signed in, WAZO staff will then begin a random drawing of the raffle tickets. When a raffle ticket number is called, that person will then have the opportunity to draw a key at random from a receptacle. There will be the exact number of keys for each qualifier to receive one. There will be one key that will unlock the Z Box, and the rest will be dummy keys. As soon as a qualifier has drawn their key they will immediately try to unlock the box. The person with the key that opens the locked box will be the Grand Prize Winner. The keys will be chosen at random, therefore the key that opens the box could be drawn at any time from amongst the qualifiers.
4. ODDS: Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the cue to call method (Method 1) depend on the number of listeners participating and the order in which calls are received. Due to the time delay that exists between WAZO’s over-the-air signal and WAZO’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the WAZO online signal may hear the “sounder” later than listeners listening to the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener becoming a Qualifier may be diminished. There will be no ties.
Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the registration box (Method 2) depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Odds of a Qualifier winning the Grand Prize depend on the ability of Qualifiers to attend the Giveaway Event.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be awarded the following prize: $1,500 cash from Pat’s Auto Service Center
All charges, fees and costs not specifically included in the prize description, including but not limited to personal incidental items, taxes, souvenirs, tips, and delivery, are the responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prizes. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., assume no liability or responsibility in connection with the use of any prize awarded hereunder nor in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event that any scheduled prize becomes unavailable.
6. PRIZE REDEMPTION/CLAIM/RELEASES: Only the actual winner will be able to claim prizes. Winner may be required to execute a prize acknowledgement and release form, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release when claiming prize. Prize can be claimed on January 27, 2018 at the time the Grand Prize is won. The Grand Prize winner will receive $1,500 cash from Pat’s Auto Service Center at that time. Prize winner will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the prizes. Prizes may be considered income and taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Compliance with all regulations is the responsibility of the winner. Winner, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., their sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability for claims, actions or proceedings for injuries or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any contest-related or prize-related activity, including participation in the Unlock Z Box Contest. Except where prohibited, by playing the Contest, or by winning, participants have awarded WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. the right to publicize their name, photograph or likeness, voice and biographical details without compensation or opportunity for review, and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
7. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to participate, you must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the U.S. and North Carolina who reside within either Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender or Sampson counties. Employees of Sponsors (referenced in paragraph 1.), their agencies, subsidiaries, representatives, sponsors, affiliates, distributors, prize suppliers, and advertising, promotional agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Employees of any media outlet and members of their families are not eligible to participate. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if the contest rules are not followed. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this contest, or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to its members.
8. LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for problems associated with communications hardware or software, television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, wireless or wired systems, handsets, or networks, Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for any technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during any aspect of the contest or which may interfere with a participant's ability to login, participate, call, text, register or submit an entry by any approved method, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God that are beyond the control of Sponsors. SPONSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY. Sponsors are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. WINNER, QUALIFIERS, AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY SPONSORS AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THE UNLOCK Z BOX, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or interfere with any entry method, online service or website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest will disqualify the individual responsible and is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the full extent permitted by law.
All decisions are made by the management of WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and are final.
9. RULES AND WINNER’S LIST: Official rules available at http://www.z1075.com and at the WAZO studios, 25 North Kerr Avenue, Wilmington, North Carolina 28405. Official rules supersede all other published editions. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. reserve the right to change the rules at any time to ensure full and complete disclosure of all rules and restrictions and to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws. For winner’s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Unlock Z Box Contest Rules, WAZO, 25 North Kerr Avenue, Wilmington, North Carolina 28405 by May 4, 2018.